Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lucky Arrow

Old 11-03-2003, 09:05 PM

Default Lucky Arrow

I started shooting carbon arrows last fall. Since that time I have shot a nice 10 point buck and two does. All three have been shot with the same arrow and broadhead (except the blades). I shoot a Matthews with a 58 lb. draw and Thunderhead 100 grn. broadheads.

All three shots have gone staight through. The arrow is cleaned up and back in my quiver waiting for a nice buck this fall. Until I break this arrow I am affraid to give the carma up.

Old 11-03-2003, 09:07 PM

Default RE: Lucky Arrow

jeff, i have a breadhead that has killed 3 deer, and its on the arrow that i killed my most recent deer with.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:13 PM

i use the same GoldTip carbon arrow and the same Muzzy 3-blade 100gr. broadhead every time that i shoot a deer, i will until it breaks or i lose it, i have shot 4 deer so far with it this year, and shot 6 with it last year. it sure is a tough arrow! i do change the blades though
Old 11-04-2003, 03:30 AM

I am still searching for my lucky arrow, and the problem is I tried all six in the quiver and none of them seem to be lucky [] Maybe I will have to go buy more.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

You can' t say all that about aluminum arrows..............lucky if you pull it from a target without it being bent..........

I alway retired my " lucky arrows" .............had them put up and I think the ol lady or the kids did away with them..........guess I should have kept shooting them.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I rotate through my quiver so I use a different arrow each time I go out. I do have several arrow/broadhead combinations that have teamed up on multiple deer.