Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Iowa' s " Walking World Record"  Finally Falls... >

Iowa' s " Walking World Record" Finally Falls...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa' s " Walking World Record" Finally Falls...

Old 10-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Iowa' s " Walking World Record" Finally Falls...

This buck may very well have been the best known animal in the country. For several years I have followed the stories of this legend. He had been photographed, videoed, and his sheds have been found year after year, but no one seemed to be able to harvest him. I have been told that the Realtree team had paid farmers in the Albia area thousands of dollars a day to hunt for this buck. During hunting season this deer single handedly boosted the local economy by a substantial margin. Last year it was rumored that he had been hit by a car and his legend lost. Obviously the rumor can now be dispelled. Congratulations to the young hunter.

Here are a couple of links to the story:

http://desmoinesregister.com/sports/.../22456435.html

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/...record_LB.html

If this has already been discussed I apologize. I have been gone for a while and couldn' t find any topics on this in my searches. For some this will be old news.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Iowa' s " Walking World Record" Finally Falls...

Some people have all the luck!

Not much to look foward to now, huh. Except all of the money that he will be flung from the manufacturers of the equipment that he was using.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Dominant Buck

ANd holy moly... the hype is starting already. They' re declining to release events of the hunt or pictures at this time. I guess meaning, " Who' ll pay the most" . REally, why not a black and white photo for the newspaper for goodness sake.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it' s great that a young teenager was able to bag him and the pro' s who sunk in all that money have to sit back and watch.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:09 AM

If you sit back and listen you can hear Tony and his father yelling..........

" SHOW ME THE MONEY!"
Old 10-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Theres a discussion on the deerhunting forumn. Quite a deer for a youth to kill with a muzzleloader.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

surely if this is such a well known deer, there are pictures of it alive atleast.

As noted above, if the pic goes in the paper, it becomes " public" and could be posted everywhere with out consent of the person that shot it, maybe someone would have to pay the paper for the rights to use it, but no money for the hunter. I guess if I shot a deer, I would do the same thing. Why not make a fortune off something that you love to do anyway? Thats no different than these hunting shows, guys getting paid to do what they love....HUNT. Gotta love that.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:07 PM

Found this ....I' m pretty sure it' s the same one your talking about.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lord have mercy![]

Trophy Book, Shmofey Book! record score or not, that' s just an unbelievable buck![]

And I' m REALLY glad those Realtree guys didn' t bag him..They' d be whoreing that rack out like there was no tomorrow.[:-]
Old 10-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Too bad its all about money from now on........... That kids got nothing to look forward too now that hes already killed the largest buck in the world....... I' m still waiting to take a buck.

Quick Reply: Iowa' s " Walking World Record" Finally Falls...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.