Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 The Lucky But Not So Lucky In The End Buck "pic" >

The Lucky But Not So Lucky In The End Buck "pic"

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Lucky But Not So Lucky In The End Buck "pic"

Old 12-03-2003, 08:35 PM

Default The Lucky But Not So Lucky In The End Buck "pic"

I harvested this deer in the gun season last year.....here is the story....
I first encountered this buck in the early bow seaon in Oklahoma....this is a nice deer where i come from and would have been my first bow kill....but as hunting goes.......sometimes it just isn't meant to be....I had put out some Tinks Trophy Buck lure on a tree that was 30 yards from my stand.....I didnt see anything all day long.....about 20 mintues till sun set i seen a buck come out of the woods....i seen the rack and my heart started pumpin'.....he came right up to the Buck Lure and sniffed it......i knew this was my chance....i started to draw back and the deer heard the arrow sliding along the arrow rest....i stopped in half draw as the buck looked right into the stand...he finally looked away and i came to full draw.....he heard it again......he started to stutter step.....and i let the arrow fly unfortunately right over his back....i was devestated......i went back and didnt sleep a wink.....fortunately i figured his path that he made through the thick poison sumack....and set up on a trail that looked like a good buck was using....i had no idea it was him.....one day before the gun season in Oklahoma closed i got this buck.....i was very happy to take him home after the ordeal earlier in the seaon.....thanks for listening....by the way he had 10 points and he dressed 140 pounds....

Old 12-03-2003, 08:56 PM

Default RE: The Lucky But Not So Lucky In The End Buck "pic"

Hey man I had the same thing happen to me this year as I saw the deer heading my way I started to draw back and he heard the arrow slide threw the arrow rest and my elbow pop. then he never got within range again[:@] ... what kind of arrow rest do you have??
Old 12-03-2003, 09:16 PM

i have an nap quik tune 1000 i think that is what it is.....and i didnt have any of that stuff you put on it to keep it quite.....and it sure mattered after that ordeal i went and put some on quick....haha
Old 12-04-2003, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking buck Congrats
Old 12-04-2003, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice looking buck, congrats and welcome to the board.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:38 AM

nice looking buck- congrats!
Old 12-04-2003, 09:06 AM

congrats nice buck
Old 12-04-2003, 09:07 AM

Nice Buck!! Congrat's, and welcome to the board!
Old 12-04-2003, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's a handsome buck you've got there. Glad you hung in there--congratulations!
Old 12-04-2003, 12:24 PM

nice buck i think the stuff you put on there is called mole hair. might want to give it a try congrats on the nice bucj

Quick Reply: The Lucky But Not So Lucky In The End Buck "pic"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.