Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guides and Outfitters? >

Guides and Outfitters?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guides and Outfitters?

Old 11-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Guides and Outfitters?

Anyone out there ever use a guide or outfitter for deer? I know some have for elk, but I' m talking about mainly whitetails. Not a high fence deal where you pay thousands to walk up and shoot the deer of your choice, but on land which has been managed for big bucks? Who, where, and would you ever do it again? All the details please.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Guides and Outfitters?

No one? Ever? Wow, I' d have guessed someone besides me has dreamed of saving up for a whole year then heading south to Texas or west to Wyoming or Montana.[&:]
Old 11-02-2003, 07:07 PM

went to one in wisconsin bluff country outfitters they pratice trophy managment for years now.THEY show lots of pictures of big deer but the week i went only some small ones went sep 15.It' s nice place good food nice cabins I just felt like they didn' t work hard enough to put me on a good stand site the guys that were repete custmers got better stands.would i go there again i' d have to think hard on that
Old 11-02-2003, 07:20 PM

I have not, but have some friends in Michigan that went to Winnipeg, Manitoba to an outfitter (archery only) and they said it was awesome and will gladly go back. Alot of big bucks. We are looking into going in the next year or two. Their website is http://www.rattlinrack.com/ If you would like anymore information, let me know and I will get it for you. The website has some photos and the outfitters contact information.