Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 trying to decide between asat and natgear >

trying to decide between asat and natgear

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trying to decide between asat and natgear

Old 11-02-2003, 03:26 PM

Default trying to decide between asat and natgear

i dont want to start a fight, but i want some opinions on what makes either of these better. price isnt reeeaaallly an issue, but i know natgear is about 10-20$ cheaper. i really like the looks of both and i think they would both work, so gimme some reasons to get one over the other.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trying to decide between asat and natgear

I chose ASAT. The reason being is the huge amount of satisfied users on this forum. I' m sure Natgear is a great product though.

Old 11-02-2003, 04:27 PM

Well... I would choose ASAT over natgear...but... I would rather go with sumthing like predator or skyline. ASAT is a great camo, predator and skyline(horizon) is pretty close behind it. Those would be the top three I would choose. Why? Because those 3 are the best at breaking up your outline and do their jobs very well as compared to natgear, realtree hardwoods, or mossy oak. Those 3 and other camoflauge' s like those tend to blob at farther distances than lets say ASAT, predator or skyline(horizon) would. Thats what camo should do and ASAT, predator and skyline(horizon) do that very well... Go with ASAT!
Old 11-02-2003, 05:06 PM

so natural gear tends to become a blob at distances too? thats the kind of info im looking for.
thank you
Old 11-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntman

so natural gear tends to become a blob at distances too? thats the kind of info im looking for.
thank you
I wouldn' t quite say that about being a blob. In my opinion Natgear, Mossy Oak, Real Tree HD, etc. all all have their uses. However if you put them in a situation where they don' t quite blend in then they tend to look out of place.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:31 PM

after looking at the three patterns mentioned by hoytusa10, its between asat and predator now. now the problem im coming across is that predator doesnt offer a lightweight suit that resembles a 3d suit, you know, mesh an breathable that i can wear in any weather, either with a short sleeve short under it or a jacket under it.
also, does anyone have any good pictures of the predator patterns? the website only shows them in outdoor situations with wierd lighting and i want to see them in normal light as they would look in my house.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:02 PM

Yes, every camo has its use and to some point, you' re gonna be faced with different environmental situations...thus being the edge of a field or in the pines or in an open set of big woods...if you want a pattern that can fit all of those and help to break up your outline then ASAT, predator or skyline horizon help to take care of all that... but if you want to hunt the edge of a field or in the field, then you' d hafta buy sumthing like mossy oak shadow grass so that' d help you blend in like in the field, or sumthing of that color, now if you were to hunt down in a river bottom, your mossy oak shadow grass wouldn' t fit the picture...but if you had ASAT, you could go and hunt the river bottom and not worry, go hunt the edge of that field n not worry. Get a camo thats extremely versatile so you don' t have to own all of those different camos.... All Season All Terrain... now that I come to think of it...ASAT would be my first choice! And then predator second!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:11 PM

by no means am i tryin to bash any body...nor is this a sales pitch (even though it sounds purdy good) lol. i do own hardwods myself and also mossy oak but recently someone on the property i hunt have taught these deer to look up and every time they do, they know sumthings not right...