Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 10-30-2003, 03:27 AM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

41, my grandad took me squirrel hunting around 8. My parents took us kids fishing and camping every weekend.

Interests: archery, small game, rifle, and bowfishing. Most of my family hunts including my 82 year old father-in-law and my 2 sister-in-laws. (the father-in-law has more pissss and vinegar than I do and can climb a mountain faster)

The 1st day of rifle season we hunt together, the emotions and family bonding are compareable to Christmas eve and Christrmas day.

I have 2 young neices that like to shoot and are future hunters.

My favorite hunting partner is my nephew (PAHUNTER21)
Old 10-30-2003, 03:30 AM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

40...Ouch...Been " huntin" since I was 12 and bow hunting for the last 16 years. Or has it been 17 years? Too old to remember I guess.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

well darn , i wish this thread would of been out on the 28th , i could of said 33, but now i must say 34......but that is ok......and i agree with bowtechgirl.....the ladies need to get out there more....i ddint see one lady archer during the first 2 hunts, and i only saw one during the first and secong muzzy, that doesn' t ibclude fl.huntress......she' s always out there...
Old 10-30-2003, 04:12 AM

60 been bow hunting 4 yrs killed two each year except last year I only killed one
Old 10-30-2003, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been hunting since i was Knee High to a Grasshopper.... using my BB gun on squirrles and so on...
Been Bowhunting since i was 14...

now I' m 28...

Old 10-30-2003, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

I am 16, and this will be my 3rd season hunting. My Father has gotten myself and my older siblings, (My sister at 27, and twin brothers at 29) both into the sport. we all Love hunting!

May I ask where you read this Article monsterbuckland? Because I have to do a Speech on anything i want, and this is something that definetaly interests me...thanks!
Old 10-30-2003, 04:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I am 49, I have been hunting for 40+ years, my twins will start hunting next season, they will be 12 then so I am helping put more youth into the sport and ladies to!!! The twins are girls.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:11 AM

33 been hunting all my life. Shot bows off and on since I was a kid , but didn' t get the bowhunting bug until 6-7 years ago .
Old 10-30-2003, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

I' m 37 and have been hunting for 25 years.......yikes.....I' m getting old.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:23 AM

42 started when I was 15

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.