Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 10-30-2003, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

40, Been in the woods since I could walk.Gun hunting started around 12 years old. Bow hunting 18 years I think.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-30-2003, 07:28 AM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Fifty, been hunting since I was 8, tagging after my Dad. I now have my 9 year old tagging after me. He is a good hunter, seeing the deer sometimes before I do. And I am vwry lucky in that my wife hunts with us also.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

Too rapidly closing in on 52. Started shooting a bow (and made my first bow kill - a sparrow) on my third birthday. One of my fondest memories. I became a dedicated small game bowhunter by the time I was 6. Never have grown out of it.

Old 10-30-2003, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

The atricle also mentioned that only 14% of Americans are hunters. They made that sound bad. In my opinion its just the opposite. If you really think about it what other hobbies comparable to hunting have that sort of participation level. Think about kayaking, hiking, even basketball, Radio control, and just about anyhting else. I dont think many hobbies have much better numbers. Its really quite a compliment considering the hardships we endure to get a deer. 50% of the country doesnt even step outside when teh weather turns cold much less spend every moment of the light in the woods. I undrestand that this number is declining also but i dont think we are that bad off. It all comes down to laziness. I dont know too many people that even cook dinner all that much anymore. Everything is on the go, expresso drinks, fast food, even our oil changes have to be fast. No one has the time to go get a weapon, sight it in, scout, practice shoot some more, and then spend enough time in the woods to harvest a deer. Im 24 and im not worried. THe authors theory about trophy hunters is flawed. THe obsession with trophy hunting will die down. The fact of the matter is, even with higher salaries the average deer hunter cannot afford to go on a trophy hunt. I think its a little greedy anyway.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

I' m 28 and have been hunting since age 10. Started with rabbits then squirrels then turkey then whitetail and now geese. My 3 year old girl watches hunting videos and has been present while cleaning game. She wants my full head mount deer " Bucky" in her room if I shoot another trophy to replace him. She will hunt!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m 26 and have been hunting (with my dad) since I was about 5 of 6 years old. He started letting me go out on my own in a little patch of woods beside the house when I was about 11. I' ve been hooked ever since.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:52 AM

I' m 35 and have been hunting for the last 25 years or so. We definitely need to get more kids and ladies involved in hunting.... We also need a whole lot more of people like Ted Nugent in our hunting world....
Old 10-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

I' m 54. I didn' t read the article, but 42 average sounds good to me. If you think about it...for every 12 year old hunting, you have a 72 year old out there too.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

I' m 23, been hunting since I was 12. Before that I was tagging along with my dad since I was 8.

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.