HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/41498-i-read-article-average-deer-hunter-age-42-future-looks-bleek-lets-do-our-own-pool.html)

monsterbuckland 10-29-2003 06:48 PM

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

i read this article about new york hunters, said the average deer hunter was 42 and that something has to be done to get the youth involved in it or there will be mass slaughtering in future years! im 38 and started about 6 years ago so im helping i quess! makes you think of getting some of these urban troubled kids away from drugs and into nature and hunting and the laws of the land! i just hunted small game when i was young but i loved it! what are your thoughts and age!

bowtechgirl 10-29-2003 07:02 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I am 35, started hunting 5 years . I feel we really need to get more females into hunting. They will add to the ranks plus if they enjoy they will be more inclined to not argue when their man wants to go hunting.

monsterbuckland 10-29-2003 07:09 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

i agree, but not mine! she doesnt get it at all, i cant tell here when a deer is in the shed, but ive benn working on her for 15 years, she actually ate the wild turkey soup i made and loved it!

Krotalus 10-29-2003 07:12 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

33 right now, been hunting for 21 years now.

i have been the youngest or one of the youngest guys in our camp for pretty much all those years. there are 3 other guys about my age in the group.

JoshKeller 10-29-2003 07:19 PM

19..been hunting since I was 12

monsterbuckland 10-29-2003 07:21 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

good josh! get any friends your age into it! i know back then i was hunting does and not deer does,,, didnt find them in the woods either!

deerhuntr107 10-29-2003 07:21 PM

Im 16 and I started 2 seasons ago.
My dad never hunted, he has always been into cars and they have always been his passion. Ever since he was a kid. I have been into cars and stuff my whole life as well but not as much as him. I wasnt one of the " normal" kids who got up on Saturday morning and watched cartoons. I got up and watched TNN and Bill Dance was my hero lol. I have fished since I was 2 and got an interest in hunting about 5-6 years ago, just never had anyone to take me. After I found someone, I have absolutely LIVED for hunting.
Growing up in a small town around farms, and being surrounded by other small town with the same, I guess I didnt realize that not only the average was so high but that there is such a need to get more youth involved because most of the kids at school and the most of the kids that I know from other schools hunt. So, this all comes as a suprise to me.

hunter101 10-29-2003 07:23 PM

I' m 17 and I hunt anything that is in season. It is one of my favorite things to do. I have killed 7 deer with my bow in my 3 years of bowhunting (which is by far my favorite). I have a younger and a older brother that hunt and my dad also hunts. I have many friends in school who hunt. THere is nothing like having a successful hunt and being able to share the hunt w/ friends and family. My mom is not a hunter but she loves to come out and track deer with us and see what we kill she just can' t do the killing.

monsterbuckland 10-29-2003 07:24 PM

yeah deerhunter thats young and good but im sure you are rural, in nyc theres 15 million people and 10 bowhunters!

ohiobuck4ever 10-29-2003 07:26 PM

well im 36 but hunted for at least 25 yrs my wife she just likes to hunt small game but trying to get her to hunt deer