Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pie Bald doe to shoot or not? >

Pie Bald doe to shoot or not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pie Bald doe to shoot or not?

Old 10-28-2003, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pie Bald doe to shoot or not?

You guys have this backward, its the albinos that pass on bad genes, not the piebald. Piebalds are just deer with a different color. And for the record Id shoot one in a heart beat.
Buckshot the only piebald I ever saw in the wild was messed up, her front legs were so much shorter than her hind legs she took two steps with the fron for every one in the back. I am not saying that all piebalds are physically inferior, but the coloration itself is a minus and not a plus for the herd.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

I shot one a bunch of years back that had white on its legs all the way up to its knees, she had to healthy yearlings with her, didnt seem to hurt her none. However after doing a little reserch, I have found several articles stating pretty much what Mdditman said, you learn something new everyday
Old 10-28-2003, 08:22 AM

I don' t discriminate and think all deer are equal! They taste the same to me and I' d take her in a minute if given the opportunity.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:33 PM

let her walk or you will have verey bad luck. i' m a coon hunter to and about 6 years ago i shot an orange coon in early season and the rest of the year sucked. besides if she lives and breeds than you might get a pie bald buck in a couple years. good luck