Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Comments on posts >

Comments on posts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Comments on posts

Old 10-15-2003, 09:56 AM

Default Comments on posts

I know what I am typing is prob. not considered " legal" by topic on the bowhunting site but it is important.---
I have been here for awhile now and watched many new members join us. Many of these are young or inexperienced hunters who are trying to learn how to hunt and look up to us as members. They see the posts and the pictures, hear the advise we give and want to contribute. ---
They for whatever reason make a mistake, maybe they take a shot they shouldn' t have, maybe wound an animal, mess up tracking... whatever. ---
I have noticed that some of the responses continue to degrade and rip these people. Everyone makes a mistake. I have been doing this for over 20 years and still make them all the time. I would agree everyone has the right to thier opinion and this is a public forum, but we also need to remember that stated opinions can hurt. Many people come here to learn. They post mistakes and get ripped. Not by everyone but by a few. They then do not post thier mistakes again. For some this may be the only way they have to learn from them. ---
Please take into consideration that you may be typing to someone who is alot more inexperienced than you as well as alot younger. ---
__________________________________________________ __________________
I know this may get locked or deleted but I think it needed to be posted and " legal topic" or not it effects everyone on the board. ---

So if you agree or disagree let me have it.. I am 31 and a big boy so get the good and bad out of our system at the start of this season with this post and lets have a great season.
Jeremy
Old 10-15-2003, 10:06 AM

Default RE: Comments on posts

well i am one of the young ones i am not a very expericned hunter but i know some stuff i got on here to get advice if yall want us to leave i gues i can
Old 10-15-2003, 10:12 AM

we may not be the best hunters like u sw iowa hunter[:' (] but we tryin to learn alot more about hunting so my opinion is that ya' ll need to give us advice so we may be better
Old 10-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Amen...

Some of the offenders should try reading their crapola in the 3rd person and walking in the other persons shoes instead of getting all snooty and condescending.

Most of us can probably ignore their ignorance. It may be harder for eager impressionable others to do the same...
Old 10-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

jeremy excellent post and very timely also, thanks.

buckmaster_88 you and every young or inexperienced hunter are welcome on this board, you all are the future of hunting and the more you learn and pass on the better.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:18 AM

I especially think this is true for the young hunters. I mean, when I am 90, who is going to chamber a round in my rifle for me? Anyone? Who will pull my bowstring back, give me a ride to the nursing home, etc...Haha, we definitely need to help out the young guys, the new guys, everybody. The more we help them, the less mistakes they will make. It is very encouraging that so many people are taking up the sport. We' ll show PETA who is really in control!![>:]
Old 10-15-2003, 10:19 AM

buckmaster and buck_hunter I think you may have mistaken my reason for posting this.. It was not intended to put anyone down for posting mistakes or even making them. (I am certainly not saying you have made any) It was intended for those of us who rip someone for posting a mistake. I hope you continue to post and ask questions. I may very well find myself in a situation that you have been in and I have not, your advice may be just what I am looking for.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m very new to the forum but I have already learned one valuable lesson. Whether it' s a veteran with years and years of experience or a young person sharing his/her misfortune, we can always learn from one another.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:21 AM

jeremy excellent post and very timely also, thanks.

buckmaster_88 you and every young or inexperienced hunter are welcome on this board, you all are the future of hunting and the more you learn and pass on the better.
My thougts Also
Old 10-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not everyone has the best way with words, but that doesn;t mean thier message isn' t sincere or can be learned from. I think no matter what anyone writes someone will take offense to it. My point proved by bh89 taking swIH wrong when he was showing total support for him. Life is not sugar coated, some people tell things how they see them. If one is so easily offended by a typing from an internet message board then God help them out in the real world where people' s feeling truly get hurt. Its one thing to go out of ones way to intentionally stir trouble, its another when a post comes across harsh due to someone making a mistake.

Quick Reply: Comments on posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.