Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Comments on posts >

Comments on posts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Comments on posts

Old 10-15-2003, 11:38 AM

Default RE: Comments on posts

The problem is if the bad apples are giving the first impression it could turn off alot of people. I wish this was here when i was younger. It could have saved me a lot of mistakes and bad judgements. I have been hunting with a bow for 20 yrs, and have seen a few things. I may not know as much as some here, but i' ll try to help when i can.

Todays tip.....If you are at the Cubs game tonite, and a ball comes toward you...GET OUT OF THE WAY
Old 10-15-2003, 11:46 AM

Here' s my comment about the posts.....

Yes there have been a lot of new members joining the board lately, I don' t rip on their mistakes, I' ve made many of the same ones mentioned. But, with that said, I do skip a lot of the posts that are seeking help because of their horrible spelling and grammar. It has gotten ridiculous lately. I can' t understand half of these posts because words are running together, no periods, no commas, no anything. I' m no English expert, but for God' s sake I can type a complete sentence. I look at this way, if you can' t type a decent sentence, you' re either too young to be seriously bowhunting or you' re too stupid to understand my response anyway.

Don' t get me wrong, I' m not looking for one missed comma or one mispelled word, heck everyone does that. I just want readable english!! Some of the regulars on here know what I' m talking about.

Newbies, if you want responses try thinking out your delima before typing. Don' t ask vague, open ended questions. Try it and respones to your posts will increase.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Amen. You young and experience guys keep posting and keep asking questions. I have to admit that some of the post from the younger hunters make me cringe, not because of what there asking or what they have done but because I know there about to catch a bunch of flak because they have made a mistake. Hopefully, with this and Matt' s post, things will improve and we can get constructive criticism.
I started deer hunting on my own 36 years ago. My father didn' t deer hunt nor did anyone else in my family or any friends. As a result, as a bowhunter I' ve made every stupid mistake you can make and some of them twice. I' ve learned from other hunters and my experiences and now I consider myself a decent hunter. I think we should give everyone that comes on this board with good intentions and a desire to bowhunt the opportunity to learn from our experience.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice post and good reason to be pinned to the top for a time.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Spike

I don' t post much, mostly I just read for information. I' m hoping that the bashing and Monday-morning quarterbacking stops, or at least slows down. Between work and trying to find time to hunt, it gets frustrating wading through a post that consists mostly of 4 pages of arguments just to find a few informational posts.

Maybe we need an ' Ethics' board where those who feel they need to vent on these subjects can do so freely, without diluting the good information that is found on these boards and making it harder to find. Then, if your set of ethics clash with something another member posts, the fair thing to do would be to copy the entire original post to there and split the discussion... maybe a moderator' s note in the original thread that refers to the ethical discussion in the other board.

Good idea?

Old 10-15-2003, 12:41 PM

EVERYONE makes mistakes if we didn' t we wouldn' t be here looking for advise etc., i have to agree good post !
Old 10-15-2003, 12:45 PM

buckmaster_88 you and every young or inexperienced hunter are welcome on this board, you all are the future of hunting and the more you learn and pass on the better.
I agree with Taz and Rack-Attack here but there are a lot of bad things happening that need to be discussed.

Here' s the thing, a new member comes on here and says they hit a deer and lost it. We don' t know any backgroound on these people. For all we know they bought a bow yesterday, hit and wounded one today and are writing in for help. People need to understand that before you step foot in the woods to hunt you need to be VERY, VERY accurate with your equipment. If your not, practce some more, ask questions about how to be more accurate. Over the summer there are a lot of post on here about tuning your bow. Maybe some of you guys should go back and read them. I think that' s one of the problems.

Another is grammar. Please use punctuations and READ your post before hitting the OK button. Make sure it makes sense. Some of these recent posts are like listening to a 5 year old and trying to figure out what they' re talking about. You need to be specific. If you can' t write a paragragh use bullets:

-deer comes in on my left
-20 yd broadside shot
-arrow hit mid way up the body right behind shoulder
-only got about 6 inches of penetration

You new guys have to think that some antis might be reading this too. If every other post is about wounding deer or not finding hit deer that' s gonna look bad for us as hunters. Please think about that before you post.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny that you should mention this topic SW Iowa Bowhunter, I was thinking the same thing. In fact a buddy, who has been reading and posting in this forum for a few yrs like I have, were talking about this yesterday. I have almost quit posting here because I' m tried of the bull.

It' s to the point now that I actually come here looking for these bashing threads, just so I can read them for comical relief. I' ve been visiting hunting msg boards on the net for 5 yrs and this Bowhunting forum is full of the most self righteous people I' ve ever come across. It is also full of some of the most knowledgable and kind people I' ve ever come across. Unfortunatly the bashers, elitiest, and extreme ethical do-gooders are running the place in the dirt.

Just my 2 cents, bash away.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:06 PM

Txcowboy, I think bashing and critisism are being confused here. (before we go any further I have never bashed anyone on here and never responded to any " lost deer" posts). I think that people are getting mad because someone writes in and says " I looked for an hour, couldn' t find it, what should I do?"

There just needs to be more communication. More info on the guys that are looking for their deer. How good of a shot are you? What ranges do you practice at?

...and from the responses: " Ok, you shouldn' t have taken that shot, but since you have this is what you should do. And remember not to take that shot again"

No bashin' , just learnin' . Where' s the love man??????
Old 10-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great, not only are we puting people down about the mistakes they make in the field, now we are puting people down becouse they cant spell as good as the next guy, or his grammer is not very good. I am 36 and yes I will admit that I cant spell worth a hill of beans. Looks like I will have to find another board to go to, one that wont criticise me for every little word I write. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Comments on posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.