Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Comments on posts >

Comments on posts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Comments on posts

Old 10-15-2003, 01:28 PM

Default RE: Comments on posts

Solax, I totally agree with you. There needs to be more information with the posts. Critisism should be expected and I even look forward to getting it. The reason for posting a question is to get another view on the topic.

The problem arises with the way the critisism is given. Most people who fall into the bashing catagory do not care how they are taken. This does not mean we shouldn' t point out what people do wrong or that we can' t have some heated discussions --like pope and young let off question-- but if someone posts something that when reread to himself sounds like bashing then it will prob. be taken that way.

Critisism can be the best learning tool when given correctly!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 01:42 PM

BigDaddy12t, spelling is really not the issue, it' s typing a post so that others can understand it. For example, in your post above, yes there are several misspelled words, but you make your point clearly and concisely, that' s what I' m talking about.

My previous post was meant to help newbies who have been complaining about not getting any responses from the regulars. I am not bashing spelling skills, sometimes I get i a hurry and misspell a few words myself.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:35 PM

bigdaddy12t im not criticising spelling i dont care how youspell a word as long as i can tell what that word is its when people dont use any punctuations is when i get confused how is it reading this post do you understand what im saying thats why i was suggesting bullets because that way you wouldnt have to worry about punctuation you could just hit enter for each new thought
Old 10-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great post, can we get it merged with the one below it.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:38 PM

Great post Some people are awfully hard on others, it has happened to me before. Now I' m a long way from being a YOUNG man and I can ignore or just take it for what it is worth (crapola). Many of the young guys here take everything they see as gospel and can be very detrimental to their hunting skills. I for one would be fully supportive of the MODS axing these type of responses when they see them. I' m not looking for more " Big Brother" but the one who are continuously bashing and putting folks down would IMHO learn after a while if their responses wound up in the trash bin. Ramble mode off
Old 10-15-2003, 04:51 PM

Thankfully there does seem to be more retraint & understanding on this forum than many others. Hopefully this will always be a place where one can feel free to spill his or her' s guts or to just get something off their chest.

I am not an expert on archery (or anything else for that matter). I come on here to learn, and there is alot on here, IF you have an open mind. If along the way, I can pass on something I' ve learned in my years, Great. I only wish this would have been available 30 years ago, then I could be the " expert" that many claim to be.

PS: Savor the good stuff & ignore the crap.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:55 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you 100% SW Iowahunter. We should help the younger members. Some are so quick to pass judgement, think back to when you were 14, how would you have worded a question on here? How have your views on hunting changed since you were a teenager? Think about it, I think there is a natural progression we all go through as hunters with regard to mindset and the game that we kill. I can only speak for myself but there wasn' t much respect for the game, nor the hunt, I wanted to kill something. Times and attitudes change, keep that in mind when responding to these kids.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:20 PM

Excellent post mez!!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 08:26 PM

I' m a new to hunting, took bow hunting safety course last spring, prctised shooting my bow all summer, did good on 3D range, went hunting, took 45 yds pot shot at nice buck and missed. Joined this forum month ago, read some posts about lost animals, won' t shoot at animal unless I' m really confident that I will recover it within 100 yds (I realize there are no guaranties, just good odds). If again I do something stupid in the woods I probably won' t tell anyone, if I do post it then I expect to get hell from other hunters. In my opinion bowhunting is not a sport for people with thin skin, you screw up, be prepared to pay the price, your sleepless night is nothing in comparison with the animals suffering. Don' t wine, take responsibility for your actions, learn from others and use the knowledge to be a better hunter for the sake of us all.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:01 PM

Ive noticed this lately also, Im pretty new here about 8 months, and Ive learned a lot and hope Ive helped a couple people out. I think we need to do all we can to help young hunters or anyone that is looking for advise or help with a problem, they are the future of hunting and we need to help them grow into true sportsman with good ethics. I dont like the post about losing deer or bad shots either but most of have done something we regret and it needs to be pointed out in a respectable manner and help them understand why it was the wrong decision, and they probably will think it out better next time. Share what you know and learn what you dont and everyone will benefit as sportsmen and women.

Quick Reply: Comments on posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.