Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shoot through mesh. >

Shoot through mesh.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot through mesh.

Old 10-09-2003, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Shoot through mesh.

I have been hunting out of an ameristep brickhouse blind with the mesh windows installed. I shot a doe yesterday at twenty yards with a game tracker first cut exp. broadhead and hit exactly where I was aiming. I don' t see where it affects my arrow flight at all.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shoot through mesh.

In my Double Bull I took about 20 to 30 shots through the camo mesh. The fixed blades and the mechanical shot great out to 25 yards, at 30 I felt it may have effected my arrow just abit. (1 1/2" low maybe...) I' ve been told by others who use ground blinds not to shoot mechanicals with the little flares on the tips, they will make the broadhead open prematurely and change flight. Double Bull gives the same suggestion. When I talked to Double Bull they also told me not to shoot standard field points through the mesh. They don' t cut a hole for the rest of the arrow to fly through. Field points stretch a hole and then there is no room for the feathers which makes the arrow fly terrible!

Good Luck!