Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Shoot-thru Mesh

Old 01-17-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Shoot-thru Mesh

I have a blind that has shoot-thru mesh, but I don't know how well it works to actually shoot through it. Any real world experience you can tell me about?

Terri S.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shoot-thru Mesh

I bought a blind this fall with the mesh..
I am a fanatic about anything that alters my arrow so much a 1/4 inch for any reason..
I tried the mesh screens and the bolt passed through flawlessly, did not affect POI at any range from 20 to40 yards with practice tips or broad heads.
Don't give it a second thought, hard to imagine, but absolutely zero effect.

I have not tried mechanical broad heads yet, and may never, but my comment doesn't include those..
Old 01-17-2007, 06:08 PM

From what I understand, it can trip the mechanical broadheads and cause them to open early.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 PM

If you do a search on it in the Bowhunting forum I now it has been talked about alot over there. It seemed the consensus over there was that it had no effect on fixed blades but some guys with mechs reported about them opening up. I have not tried them yet.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

I am going to pick up a variety of mechanicals, I may send some throught the mesh just to see what happens..

Old 01-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Many of the mechanicals will open when going thru the mesh screens, all the reading I have done I have found none that say they will or claim they will not open when shot thru the mesh screens,, I had some that came from Rural King don't remember the brand but they opened when shot thru the screen and when i tried to add another o ring then they didn't open even when they hit the target on impact they partially opened entering ..
Old 01-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot mechanicals through the mesh. I double rubber band them (Rocket Slammerheads and other Rocket heads) and they do not open or fly enough off at 20-40 yards to matter. My suggestion is to buy a piece of replacement mesh and practice away. I tape a piece to a ladder and shoot through the big "A" area. Saves your blind and you can see what heads do what. DB, Cabelas sell the replacement mesh. Definitely worth the time and effort. I've had some fixed heads fly worse than some mechanicals. Trying your xbow and arrow and head lets you know your combo is working.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

My ground blind states to absolutely NOT shoot any type michcanical BH thorough the screens. Only Fixed BH only. Shooting machs through the screenwould be like the POI anyway, defeating the purpose of the BH. Like premature ejeculation. LOL. Duh
BBO
Old 01-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot the NAP shockwave mechanicals with 1 band in my exomag and
barnett revolution they work fine.

Martinfaw
Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

If you do a search on it in the Bowhunting forum I now it has been talked about alot over there. It seemed the consensus over there was that it had no effect on fixed blades but some guys with mechs reported about them opening up. I have not tried them yet.
I use the SpitFire Mechanicals and they are not efffected going through the screen. The target showed a closed head on entry and dead on target. just remember to use NEW RETAINER CLIPS and you should not have a problem.

Quick Reply: Shoot-thru Mesh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.