Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need advice on string safety issue >

Need advice on string safety issue

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need advice on string safety issue

Old 10-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need advice on string safety issue

Hello all,
I have an older pse dual cam bow with a winners choice bowstring on it. Here' s the problem right below the center serving the string is fraying, figures had to happen right before the season starts. It' s only two strands and I called winners choice and they said that if I wrap it in serveing it should be fine for the season and then I could get it changed. I really don' t have the money right now to change the string and I really want this to work but it' s not worth losing an eye over. What do you guys think?

Second question is, this seems to be happening because I' m hitting my arm gaurd more than I should. But if I adjust for that my accuracy suffers. What to do? I' m pretty happy with my groups but don' t wanna replace the string all the time either. The issue is that I have really large forearms and my arm guard sticks out a bit so it tends to hit it.

I' m pretty sure I' m gonna go with the serving for right now unless you guys are very sure I shouldn' t. Thanks for any and all help
Old 10-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need advice on string safety issue

Thanks for the reply, it' s fraying but only one maybe two strands. I know I need to wax it more but it' s more than just that I think.

I usally keep my arm bent a good amount. I' m shooting a 28 inch draw length when I actually measure @ 30. I may look into a different string company but I doubt it right now as money is fairly tight. My father passed away two weeks ago yesterday and I am helping pay the burial costs, well at least a small part right now and i have been spending alot on other stuff related to that. That one of the biggest reasons that I really want to be able to hunt is that was about the only thing my dad and I had in common was hunting and fishing.

In any case enough blathering on by me, thank you for your advice.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Wax the string really good and do as the WC guys said, but keep a close eye on it.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

I fixed the problem by just buying a new string instead of chancing it. Thanks for your guys advice and help.