Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Colored String Issue >

Colored String Issue

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Colored String Issue

Old 08-30-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Colored String Issue

Just thought I would post this as a warning. I bought a new string for my bow recently and I chose to go with a colored string. I have to say that the colors are very distracting when I shoot. If I had it to do over again I would go with a black string.

Just letting everyone know so they don't make the same mistake I made.

Tom
Old 08-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Colored String Issue

heres a good question, what are the pros and cons of colored strings. I cant find any other than looks.waste of money.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Colored or not, if you pick a string material it's all the same. It's just a way of personalizing a bow for most. As for cost, I've never seen a cost differential whether black or colored. I don't think any deer can see the difference either as they supposedly see things in shades of grey anyway.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

All preference... And it only matter when taking your trophy pictures...It's all about the look at that point...
Old 08-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

what colors did you go with and how did it distract you?? just curious so we know what to shy away from
Old 08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't pay any extra for them. I would say a waste because they reflect back into my eye more. I'm going to see if I can have the bow shop cover the string near my peep with black string.

Tom
Old 08-30-2006, 11:55 AM

that's a new one on me. if you get some of the black lightning silicon wax, it will definately dull the string down for you.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

New one for me as well. What colors did you get? Flourescent or something bright?

Brown and black, Brown and green, bronze and kiwi, green and gray,etc... would all be good choices.

Two or three colored strings make it much easier to split the string in half when installing peeps and they also make it much much easier to keep up with the number of strands you rotate around the peep and which side you took them from when you are trying to get your peep sight oriented perfectly.

Same when you install leeches. Just split the two colors.

Much easier than counting strands of a single color string to get an even number on each side.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:05 PM

And here I was already planning on replacing my string with pink string to match my Muzzys!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went with orange and blue. The blue is on the brighter side. So yes too bright! I'm going to ask them to use the wax. Thanks for the tip.

Tom

Quick Reply: Colored String Issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.