Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MOCK SCRAPE JUICE? >

MOCK SCRAPE JUICE?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MOCK SCRAPE JUICE?

Old 09-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MOCK SCRAPE JUICE?

What is the best scent to use for a MOCK scrape... I read an article today, that said the best time to make mock scrapes is before the big boys start...

Any suggestions?
Old 09-26-2003, 03:46 PM

Default RE: MOCK SCRAPE JUICE?

you can call it juice if you want to but hawgs unlimited has some of the best on the market start with just pre - rut doe pee and get a scrape bottle u can get at wally world for 12 bucks and set it up and get a about a 1 1/2 ft circle going with the driper over the top of it and then move to estrous in the rut youll get good results thats what i did and i got a good bruser swelled up 15 yds from the stand [:-] didnt take but just one look for me to decide to take him another thinbg dont get your scent arond it or its ruined until it goes away start about oct 7 or 10 thats when i start but u might want to get stated on the 1st or so its just smaller bucks trying to scrape here.

Good Luck and Good Shootin,
Joe Smith
Old 09-26-2003, 10:14 PM

I have too agree with 6pt!! Hawgs is awesome!! I have had 5 mock scrapes active for the past two months, and the rut doesnt hit until November!! Also, dont forget to use the forehead gland along with the pre/post rut formula....It completes the " communication" when used on the licking branch.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve also had great luck with hawgs. I didn' t get any pictures of any bucks all summer. I made a mock scrap with hawgs pre/post rut and I instantly had a roll of film filled with bucks checking out the scrape.

Everyone says it stays active for so long but I' ve noticed that they pretty much ignore the scrape after a week. What' s weird is they' ve been ignoring it now even after I refresh it.

Either way, the stuff brings in deer.