Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scrape Juice

Old 10-03-2002, 07:17 PM
JKT

Default Scrape Juice

Scrape Juice Bowhunter's Set-Up seems to work as advertised. Monday AM
I got to my stand late, it was just getting light, I sprayed some Scrape Juice behind a tree 20 yards from my stand site. I was setting on a small stool on the ground, no trees big enough for a tree stand and too thick anyway. Had on Scent-Loc and facemask. As I was pulling the facemask up two bucks came up behind me and to my left and saw the movement, they became very nervous and started to move away, one got a smell of the Scrape Juice and stuck his head behind the tree, perfect 20 yard broadside shot. I passed on the shot as he was a yearling 6 point. We only get one buck tag in KY. This was the first time using Scrape Juice but in appears to work, on yearlings anyway.

Jim
Old 10-03-2002, 07:37 PM

Default RE: Scrape Juice

I am tester in tester program And been testing for about week and a half.In Seven Different aplications all I got was negative deer reactions.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

I'll let ya'll know next week how it works in Louisiana, I just got some from ups yesterday! I've been seeing more good reports than bad over on the bowsite, so I'm anxious to see for myself! Heck you hunt public land as much as I do, you're willing to give anything a try if there's a chance it'll work!
Old 10-04-2002, 05:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-04-2002, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Set nine Mrs. Doe Pee mock scrapes out two weeks ago. Checked seven of them. Three were hot and one particularily was worked up on the edge of clover/corn field with the buck making two additional scrapes about five yards apart from the first one.

Old 10-04-2002, 06:04 AM
Spike

I have been using bowhunters setup for a bunch of years now. I have used it in several states, at all different times of the year. Fellas let me tell you... the stuff works. As I sit here thinking, I can recall at least 4 deer that were arrowed with there nose inches from my drag rag, one of which is my best buck to date. Of course there were other deer that never made it that close if you know what I mean. I have had deer(last year) get up out of their beds at 1:30 in the afternoon to check out the bh setup. I have had other deer that I arrowed only after the deer moved down wind of my stand then turned and came in on a string after getting a nose full of it. I had to sit in my stand one night until almost 9pm waiting for a buck move away from a film can. In all the time I have been using the product I have never witness a negative reaction. With that being said let me also say that I am very careful about scent control, the deer smell the bh setup not me. Also, while I have had great success with the stuff, deer just seem to ignore the stuff after the first week of November. I am no expert nor do I work for scrape juice, but if you are looking for something to give you that extra little bit of luck this early season, give it a try.