Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer! >

Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

Old 09-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

Well I go out today to make up a ground blind and see posted signs all across my hunting area. This land has kind of been " comunity" property so to speak. Anyone that lived in the area was able to hunt it. Well today I find it posted[:' (] I am going to check on it, there are no names or address on the posted signs, so I will have to do some research to find out what happend, if it was legaly posted, and who did it? I walked over and pulled down one tree stand, found a new food plot( or it at least looked like one) and came on back. I can still hunt the fringes but chances are I will have to cross the fence to go get a deer if I shoot one in the area. I want to do the right thing, but it really sucks. I now have only two weekends to locate a new property, scout it out, and get ready. Not to mention try to research what happend with my old land. this is not the time of year to be looking for land and scouting! I hate to sound like poor pitiful me, heck I know many of you have a lot worse going on in your lives, but I just needed to " vent" a bit. Hope you understand. funny how a season can turn on a dime, sometimes for the good, sometimes for the worse.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

Man that really sucks to say the least I hope you find out something that helps.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:27 PM

5-shot,

I fear that every time I drive to one of my woods. I have happen a few times to me and I feel for you - it is the pits.

Good idea to check it out though - There is a good chance that someone that does not own the land just stuck them up to keep others off.

Good Luck
Old 09-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chris.
man thats real bad news and sucks big time.
But you never know you might get permission to hunt on a property that is big buck heaven.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:52 PM

Dang Chris- I hate to hear that. I got that cruddy feeling inside me when I saw the post was from you. I wish I could help. Remember youve always got a place to hunt over here should you ever decide to cross the border.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Chris, also sorry to hear my friend...

If you find out who owns it and they need references, send them here, we' ll get you permission.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude that is terrible, i would feel sick and depressed. Hope you can still hunt it or better yet find some BETTER deer woods.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

As Rack said......hope it was done by another hunter and you can still hunt there. I' ve lost some good land before due to new owners. It really sucks. I hope it all works out.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

The upcoming season is always stressful enough (Good stress but stressful getting everything ready) boy you really could do without that huh?

I definitely feel for ya bud, I lost my best spot 2 seasons ago because of a new owner on the boardering property.......the old owner didn' t hunt. This new guy does and he posted everything on his side and hung stands right down the border where I hunted and just made it miserable to hunt there.
If you remember back a few years ago, this was the guy that I almost made disappear one evening.

I' m always leary of the " Unsigned Posters" , I' ve heard to many stories of greedy hunters scamming the rest into moving out.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

id check into it.....maybe someone just doesnt want someone in " thier" woods....find out who owns it and give them a call or a visit...its definently worth it....i dont get why some people cant do it....i mean i know its wierd to talk to strangers and ask them for something....but around here most of the farm owners are nice older people that will let you and tell you where they see them at! the worst they can do is say no......and this problem is common here too....i live near pittsburgh and its slowly building up......heck im only 16 and i remember when there were more woods then houses....isnt that way anymore....i watched wannabe log homes be built in on of me and my dads favorite coon hunting spots....i watched alot of our hunting grounds grow houses....kinda sad.....now i see why dad likes to hunt the state gamelands we do....over 10000 acres to roam....and its not going anywhere anytime soon without a fight or any warning......and believe it or not i see bigger bucks there then i do on private land....good luck..that wouldnt be fun to be in your spot.....2 weeks to find a good spot to hunt.....good luck

Quick Reply: Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.