HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!
Old 09-21-2003, 09:50 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

id check into it.....maybe someone just doesnt want someone in " thier" woods....find out who owns it and give them a call or a visit...its definently worth it....i dont get why some people cant do it....i mean i know its wierd to talk to strangers and ask them for something....but around here most of the farm owners are nice older people that will let you and tell you where they see them at! the worst they can do is say no......and this problem is common here too....i live near pittsburgh and its slowly building up......heck im only 16 and i remember when there were more woods then houses....isnt that way anymore....i watched wannabe log homes be built in on of me and my dads favorite coon hunting spots....i watched alot of our hunting grounds grow houses....kinda sad.....now i see why dad likes to hunt the state gamelands we do....over 10000 acres to roam....and its not going anywhere anytime soon without a fight or any warning......and believe it or not i see bigger bucks there then i do on private land....good luck..that wouldnt be fun to be in your spot.....2 weeks to find a good spot to hunt.....good luck