Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer! >

Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

Old 09-22-2003, 12:22 AM
Spike

Default RE: Less than 3 weeks to go and I loose my hunting land bummer!

Bro that sucks! Were those signs there when I was down. I hope that you can relsove such matter to your favor. I feel for you bud. That was great hunting. I know for sure that come Oct 18th that there won' t be any posted signs. I' ll give you a call this week. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot me bow last weekend.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I knw how how you feel,I lost land to hunt on many times. Really is a slap in the face. Heck this year I had to pay the land owner 130.00 to continue to hunt.And that is bow season only. And I have to share it with 50 people. S.E Pa is a terrible place to find and keep hunting rights. Hope it works out for you
Old 09-22-2003, 05:20 AM

5shot,I' am really sorry to hear that,but as it' s been said,those unsigned posts can just be some other hunters being a pain in the ###.On the other hand ,sometimes things work out for a reason,you just don' t know what it is.If you get up to the Baltimore area,e-mail me,I' ll make sure you fill your tag...Bob
Old 09-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would deffinately check out if those signs are legal> It was always my belief that they had to have the owners name and date on them to be legal.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, that sucks, but my first impression was that somebody put those signs up that doesn' t own the property. Not sure why, but after reading through the thread, it sounds like that' s the general concensus. I sure hope everything works out for you bud. What a downer. [:' (]
Old 09-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone. I do have a ton of national forest land to hunt about an hour north ot the house, but seasons starts Oct 4 and that leaves me 1 weekend to scout, not very much! I also have a neighbor that offerd 19 acers about an hour south of here, I will check it out on sunday. Who know' s this could be a blessing when it' s all said and done. I just hate to have to " rush scout" , and I am still checking into the signs and what' s going on with them. I will let everyone know how it all turns out.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:25 PM

hey 5shot.this my first post. just had tell ya i feel yer pain!i been huntin in ark. for years with my best(?)friend? his moves into the house(grandpa died)now i' m not invited anymore.taken many nice deer & turkey.best(?)friend kind of turned on me too.