Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ground Blind Shoot Through Windows >

Ground Blind Shoot Through Windows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground Blind Shoot Through Windows

Old 09-14-2003, 08:23 AM

Default Ground Blind Shoot Through Windows

I have an Ameristep Brickhouse that I have been practicing out of lately. I shot a field point and one mechanical broadhead(tied shut for practice) at 10 yards and hit their mark through the net.

Has anybody shot mechanical broadheads through the netting, how accurate where you?

I thought I heard a couple of people say they shot about 10" off their mark. It would seem that fixed blades would not be too bad, I am concerned about the mechanicals opening up too early and thrown off course.

Thank You & Good Luck this season.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ground Blind Shoot Through Windows

Upnorth, all I can tell ya is everthing I' ve read on the subject of shootin mechanicals through the mesh windows, have stated mechanicals will not work shootin through the mesh. I guess maybe they open up when the hit the mesh, I' m not sure. but fixed blades are supposed to work.
I don' t use the mesh windows, my eyesight won' t let me, but if your blind has the shadow gaurd, then unless you do an excessive amount of movin, the animal won' t see you.

about your brickhouse. does it actually weigh the 10 1/2 lbs that the catalog says it does, or is it heavier? and is it 5' square all they way up?
Old 09-14-2003, 01:30 PM

bogobble

Thanks for the info. No, my brickhouse weighs 17 lbs. When I called Ameristep they said they made some modifications to make it stronger and the marketing and printing info was already done. I can stand up in the middla and I am 5' 8" . I think it is taller on the sides than the Doghouse. I have not measured but I would guess it to be about 5' on the top perimiter. So far I like it. You do have to kneel or sit to shoot out if it due to the height on the windows, not sure if that is the same with the others or not.

Old 09-14-2003, 01:49 PM

If you are using mechanicals it is best not to through anything...A fixed blade will cut the net and the mechanical will hook up... Making your shot go off the mark...[:-][:-][:-]

HAPPY HUNTING... GOOD LUCK....
Old 09-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve made this post several times before. We hunt
from Double Bull blinds and use their netting.
We have practiced and taken animals at some
pretty fair distances with Rocket' s Steelhead 100.

I do not know about other companies netting or
other mechanicals, but I can tell you the Steelhead
will work through DB' s netting.

One thing I don' t see mentioned is making sure
your bow is paper tuned. We always take the time
to paper tune our bows before hunting from
our blinds w/netting. If your arrow is not leaving
the bow straight off the string...you will not get
good arrow flight through netting.

Hope this helps.
TB
Old 09-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have attempted to shoot mechanical heads through the shoot-through netting in question. It can and will prematurely open the blades on almost every occasion. This can and will affect your intended point of impact. How much depends on a variety of factors including but not limited to the specific mechanical broadhead used as well as the distance that it is being shot at.

Considering the above post, why don' t you email Double Bull and see if they can send you some of their shoot through netting for your Brickhouse. It would still be cheaper than buying one....