Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Today is MN opener!!!!! >

Today is MN opener!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Today is MN opener!!!!!

Old 09-13-2003, 10:18 AM

Default Today is MN opener!!!!!

I' m off to the woods fellas!!! Yahoooooooo I' ve been waiting for this day for atleast 6 months now. I' ll let you know what I see and how I do.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Today is MN opener!!!!!

i went out this mornig....missed a buck with a wierd lookin rack....i over shot him...ya ya i shoulda practiced from a elevated platform...but i learned my leason today....i just want that deer to try and come by again[>:][>:][>:]

then we' ll see who makes the mistake!
Old 09-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got home too. All I saw was 2 coons, but man was it ever nice to be out there again. As long as you two are from Mn, I have a question. At this point in the seasen, what kind of calling do you do? Fawn bleet, doe bleet or buck grunt? And how often do you call? I will be going back out tomarow afternoon. Good luck to the both of you!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 08:16 PM

I am from mn and I missed one today too. Dang, I am pissed but luckily its a long season. I was also wondering about calls and sents this time of year.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

From Minnesota also! Thank goodness the season has begun. Hunted until 9:00 am and had a fun morning. I saw a medium 8 point, a forkhorn and 4 does. Had shot opportunities on each inside of 25 yards! To early to mess the woods up, Ill take a couple does after the rut! Look' in for the big one!

Good Luck!
Old 09-13-2003, 08:24 PM

Well just got back from my evening hunt and.......grrrrrr am I pissed at myself. Like clockwork in early season, I had a doe come at 45 min to dark at 20 yards. Thinking that this should be money in the bank, cause I would say that I' m deadly accurate at that distance. I pull back, put the dot on and let go. I hear a thwack but don' t think much about it, I watch the doe go about 40 yards...stand there and then just walk away slowly. Thinking I' m going to hear her fall, because the woods was so quiet, you could hear a squirrel fart 50 yards away. No dice. I wait till dark and then look for my arrow, it' s stuck in the ground and my broadhead tip is bent(not from the ground...really sandy soil), no blood on the vains or arrow shaft. I must have hit an invisible twig between me and the doe. Oh well, what do you do?? I' ll be out tomorrow again and we' ll see.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bummmmmer!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 08:48 PM

Bigdaddy...

I really don' t use any calls this early. I throw out some pretty weak grunts just to pass the time when nothing is going on. I make them sound like just natural social doe grunts. I probably throw some out there once every hour to two hours. I have no idea if they do any good, but it passes the time.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:45 PM

I am also home rom my MN opener hunt.....Fun time yet no deer. i saw over 15 deer today, only 4 bucks, a 6 point, two 8' s and one 3 that only had one side to the rack hmm...... But they were all 50+ yards away, however i did manage to get a doe with 10 yard of my stand BUT im with outdoorsman on forgeting to practice with an elivated stand..... i was soooo close to bagging my first deer. oh well wish me luck on bagging my first tomorrow!! good luck to all of you.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:17 PM

hey cloud mn, where do u do most of your hunting? I live in bemidji