Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Blind windows?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:10 AM

Default Blind windows?

I'm just wondering if the open windows on a blind will bother the turkeys or does everybody hunt with the mesh on the windows? Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Blind windows?

No I don't use the mesh (don't like it unless the sunlightis to much)and I do sit as far back as I can and I do keep it as black in the blind as I can. Poking a shotgun barrel out the window a bit - if done correctly - by pushing straight at them - they don't even see it. Take your time.

JW
Old 03-17-2008, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Blind windows?

The black hole effect of leaving the screens out doesn't seem to bother turkeys at all. I usually leave my screens out ifI can set up in a way that I can close the windows in the rear of the blind to darken it so that I won't be silhouetted. If I set up out in the open and want to have visibility out of all windows I will usually go ahead and put the screens in.

Dan