Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

grand slam

Old 08-25-2003, 04:38 AM

Default grand slam

I bought some grand slam 78 arrows from cabelas. The problem is that the two deer that I killed, I could not see very well where the arrow hit, because they have two brown and one black fleching. Do you have a tip on how to make them more visable. I would prefer not to change the fleching if there is another way. Thanks for any tip that you might have.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:31 AM

Default RE: grand slam

Neon nocks can help but there are lighted nocks (www.lightednocks.com). They' re pricy but will do the trick. I personally shoot 1 green and 2 white fletch. I shoot 300+ fps and it helps to see the shot but have found that if I keep the pin locked on the vitals just like 3D, I feel more confident and can see the blood pumping or hair falling from the wound. The arrow passes thru so fast that I rarely see the fletch but sometimes will catch the nock.Either that or have them crest them before fletching.Hope this helps.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: grand slam

Also, you can crest your arrows...meaning paint the last third of your arrows white.

And, there are products on the market that you wrap around the end in front of the nock. These products are neon feather like substances that do not interfere with the flight of the arrow. I don' t know what they are called at the moment.