Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Len the DEER dragger!! >

Len the DEER dragger!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Len the DEER dragger!!

Old 08-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Len the DEER dragger!!

I have a deer cart... he has a better one. We just don' t get around to using them anymore. I used mine when I hunted alone and off the beaten path. I also have one of those deer sleigh thing-a-ma-jigs that I take with me to NY because I' m always way off the road there. It' s a lot less fuss, lighter and works better than my deer cart. When I walk in I strap it on my back pack and have it if I need it.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:09 PM

Yes, I have several deer carts and several 4 wheelers, but I rarely use them anymore unless, like Dave said, I' m by myself and have a long way to drag.

Heck, if I can carry a 9 1/2# bow around all over the place (including Montana), I can surely handle an average deer.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Len!?
9 1/2lbs!? Who are you kidding!! I saw and held that thing.......if its a pound its 37lbs!! I' ve shot deer that weigh less than your bow!
You really could drop a little weight off if you sacrificed the combination VCR/DVD player and LCD television screen...

Do you still have a picture of that thing laying around?

Len is the only guy I know who has " On Star" on his bow in case he gets turned around on the way to the treestand.[8D]
Old 08-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Len!?
9 1/2lbs!? Who are you kidding!! I saw and held that thing.......if its a pound its 37lbs!! I' ve shot deer that weigh less than your bow!
You really could drop a little weight off if you sacrificed the combination VCR/DVD player and LCD television screen...

Do you still have a picture of that thing laying around?

Len is the only guy I know who has " On Star" on his bow in case he gets turned around on the way to the treestand.
Thank you very much. I get out of breath if I carry his bow. I remember one time last year he ask me to carry the bows and he' d do the dragging. It didn' t take me any time to realize I' d be getting the short end of the stick. I' ll take a 100 pound doe over that bow anyday.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, no kidding is right. I tried holding that thing at arm' s length and my arm started to shake. Then Len started to make fun of me for not " being able to handle it" .

I wonder how much that bugger would weigh if he took off all those Sims gadgets.....3, maybe 4 lbs....

Old 08-27-2003, 11:37 AM

Ya gotta watch Dave, he has one of the fastest knives around when a deer is down. Turn your head its gutted! Dave where was that deer sleigh when we were dragging Erik' s deer out, we should of had it then, or got Len.

If you folks ever get to hunt with Dave and Len its a treat, great hosts. They practically argue about who is going to help you with your deer. Two better hunting partners would be hard to find. [8D]
Old 08-27-2003, 09:05 PM

You guys looked like REAL men to me. Am I to assume that looks are only skin deep? My bow holds on target like a rock - after all, it' s a boulder![&:]

Steve: It was a pleasure to have you and Erik with us last year. At least Dave and I weren' t fighting over each other' s deer.

Maybe Dave and I could host a yearly hunt for out-of-towners? Nah! They couldn' t handle the two of us.[X(]