Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Len the DEER dragger!! >

Len the DEER dragger!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Len the DEER dragger!!

Old 08-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Len the DEER dragger!!

Ya know, this story does not really surprise me that much....especially after getting to hold Len' s bow in my hands. It takes alot of stamina to be totin' around that puppy so I am sure a couple does are a walk in the park for him.

David,

Glad to see you are still putting them down...one after another. How many does this make for you so far this year?
Old 08-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Dominant Buck

PA... I haven' t really been hunting. I went a couple times and passed on some small spotted ones. One time all I had walk by was a herd of bucks. One time I drew blanks and then this deer. We only hunt the first couple hours of the day due to the heat. I' ve been away for a lot of trips this summer. In fact I' m leaving for another one Wed or I would have gone hunting this gloriously cool low humidity AM and afternoon.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I thought Len mentioned something about you heading up somewhere when I was down at his shop a week or two back. New York maybe? I just assumed it was a hunting trip.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:49 AM

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes. It was ' touch and go' for me for a while last year at this time. God was definitely with me and gave me some more time to raise my kids and hunt with Dave.

Dave has been very busy this summer running around the country. He hasn' t been out anywhere near as much as previous years. First, I owed him for dragging my deer last year and second, I figured he didn' t have the strength to do it himself. You know, he is getting VERY old.

I shot #7 Saturday. Dave took a big doe. My son held back on a shot he felt was too long. My son has taken 2 so far this summer. Our landowners are VERY emphatic about us taking deer. Our farms are infested with deer and they demand that we take as many as possible. If we don' t, they' ve already proven that they' ll take other actions.[:' (]

Anyway, Dave is a great friend and fantastic hunter. I am proud and privileged to hunt with him. And, I' ll drag his deer for him any day. He' s already proven that he' d do the same for me.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-25-2003, 11:46 PM

Great to hear that Len made a great recovery and I' m sure he' ll agree when I say " you ain' t livin' unless you' re draggin' "
Old 08-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Len glad to hear your doing well!
Dave....I' m sure he' s just saving up....as many as he whacks each year, I' m sure he' ll need payback (and probably on a whopper that has to go uphill) Good luck guys
Old 08-26-2003, 07:31 AM

You two are what the rest of us aspire to be.

Two crotchety old farts stacking up deer one after another.

Betcha thought I was gonna say something nice didn' cha??
Old 08-26-2003, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, I am just surprised that we got through this while post without seein' that picture of David' s rear again.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:44 AM

David run down to the store and buy Len a set of wheels so he can at least roll the deer out to the road. You old guys are sure hard to learn.

Quick Reply: Len the DEER dragger!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.