HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Len the DEER dragger!!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Len in Maryland

Default RE: Len the DEER dragger!!

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes. It was ' touch and go' for me for a while last year at this time. God was definitely with me and gave me some more time to raise my kids and hunt with Dave.

Dave has been very busy this summer running around the country. He hasn' t been out anywhere near as much as previous years. First, I owed him for dragging my deer last year and second, I figured he didn' t have the strength to do it himself. You know, he is getting VERY old.

I shot #7 Saturday. Dave took a big doe. My son held back on a shot he felt was too long. My son has taken 2 so far this summer. Our landowners are VERY emphatic about us taking deer. Our farms are infested with deer and they demand that we take as many as possible. If we don' t, they' ve already proven that they' ll take other actions.[:' (]

Anyway, Dave is a great friend and fantastic hunter. I am proud and privileged to hunt with him. And, I' ll drag his deer for him any day. He' s already proven that he' d do the same for me.