Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 telescoping treestand >

telescoping treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

telescoping treestand

Old 08-14-2003, 07:06 PM

Default telescoping treestand

has anyone heard of or used the Packmaster telescoping treestand and i saw it in the Cabela' s archery catalog and was wondering how stable it is. the discription says it weighs 24 pounds and extends up to 17ft and can hold 300 pounds and collapses down to 19" x24" .
Old 08-15-2003, 08:43 AM

Default RE: telescoping treestand

If this is the stand made by API they just recalled it.Better go to there web site and make sure before u buy.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bullsi

I just called my pro shop the other day to order one.Do you know what the deal is.I am sure he didn' t get the order in because he had to order direct so if it was recalled,they would have told him.

Quess I will call him here in a minute to see what he was told.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:57 AM

I have one sitting here in my office .........ready to be picked up by UPS to go back to Cabelas. They have a re-call and the modified stands won' t be out until October.

This is my second API stand and both have been re-called. Because of that and API going bankrupt.........I will not be replacing this stand or getting any other API' S. [:' (]

I never even tried to use this stand !! [&o]
Old 08-15-2003, 12:07 PM

did they say what was wrong with it that it needed to be recalled?
Old 08-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I talked to the shop owner today and he called them and they are officially out of the treestand buisness.I think he said they were bought out last week.API is still in buisness but not building treestands.As a matter of fact,the lady on the phone said they hadn' t built a stand in a year now.Wonder if these stands are from the new owners or are stands that were built last year to be released this year.

If I am going to get one of these telescoping stands,it looks like I will have to waight untill October and order it from Cabelas.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:50 PM

Well I hope they fix the problem becuase that stand is exactly what I have been looking for
Old 08-16-2003, 07:54 AM

did they say what was wrong with it that it needed to be recalled?
No , They just said it was a voluntary re-call .............but to discontinue use immediately !! []

I have visions of climbing it and one of the pegs in a section breaking loose and me telescoping downward ! I' ll wait to hear you all' s report on the improved ones !!

Mine is going back !!
Old 08-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

API did not go bankrupt. API is owned by Outland Sports a conglomerate who bought out and owns, API, MAD Calls, Lohman, Kenco, Blueridge, Feather Flex, and Big River. Outland Sport is having finacial difficulties and all of their companies are basically in a holding pattern. API stands have been made in Mississippi since they were invented by Paul Meeks the org. owner of API. Currently, some outside companies have secured the rights, pattents and name API for a certain amount of time and they are having the stands produced over seas. They have the rights to make and sell these stands under the name API. But API is not actually producing the stands to my knowledge.

I saw a prototype of this stand last summer and it is a super idea and from first hand info, I was told it is super super sturdy. The idea is revolutionary but whether the stand will be manufactured, modified, and improved to API' s old standards is yet to be seen.