Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opnions on  API  Telescoping Packmaster Treestand! >

Opnions on API Telescoping Packmaster Treestand!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opnions on API Telescoping Packmaster Treestand!

Old 07-20-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Opnions on API Telescoping Packmaster Treestand!

Hey All ,
Whats yalls Opnions on this stand? How High Up can you get with it cause the Basspro catalog doesnt tell the height of it ? But anyways just whats yall opnions on the stand and or does anyone own one ! Just wanna see what ya think about them ! Looks like a good stand too me but i little bit pricey !

Thanks Alot,

LungBuster101
Old 07-21-2005, 07:10 AM

Default RE: Opnions on API Telescoping Packmaster Treestand!

The API site says they extend up to 17 feet; don't know if that is to the top of the seat or the bottom of the platform. I haven't used one, but they seem a bit heavy. Also don't really care for how high the unit extends over a person's head when it's being packed in. Looks like it could catch on all kinds of things.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

It's an intriguing concept , and I would have thought that it would weigh more than it does . One thing that sours me for lock-ons is getting them up the tree , the thought of falling while attaching it is totally unappealing . This system seems to take that out of the equasion . I don't see where it can replace a climber though .
Old 07-21-2005, 07:58 AM

Nothing will ever replace the climber, but this system does have it's advantages.... That being said, I've heard they are a tad noisy, but can't confirm that.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:17 AM

I own one and wouldn't give it away for fear of being sued when someone got hurt using it. As you can guess I would not recomend it for anyone. The pin system in the ladder is suspect in my opinion. the first time I used it the pins slipped out on one of the steps and down I came. Luckily I was only on the third step. I have since drilled the pins out and put bolts all the way through with nuts on the back. This makes it take alot longer to put up but at least it is safe.

I would buy a nice hang on stand and a seperate ladder.I think it was a great idea from a good company but it needs tweaked alittle.