Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ground Blind Questions >

Ground Blind Questions

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground Blind Questions

Old 07-29-2003, 11:27 PM

Default Ground Blind Questions

Last year was my first year of bow hunting. I hunted out of a Api climber. I didnt really like the idea of climbing up 15-20 feet in the air, so this year i decided to try a Ground Blind. I think i am going to get the TSC Ameristep Doghouse. When i am in this blind, will i be able to move around a little with deer seeing me? Or do i have to be as careful about my movement as i am in a tree stand? Another question i have is is it easy to shoot sitting down? Thanks in advance
Old 07-30-2003, 05:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ground Blind Questions

Mount Dave ,
see my post regarding the model you want in the gear review forum under " Excellent portable ground blinds" , it will also tell you where to get one for $69 . Yes , you can move around a bit in them if the windows are zipped up to about 4-6" slits . All but your head movement will be hidden , and the visibility from them is excellent in all directions . Sit down shots are easier since you are steadier than you would be standing , having a shooting brace also helps . If you' re sitting in a folding chair with arms you can brace yourself better by resting your elbow on the arm . I use a folding stool in mine , and sit down shots are still no problem .
Old 07-30-2003, 06:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mount Dave I would highly reccomend practicing shooting sitting down, I practice standing, kneeling and sitting, each position is slightly different, you just have to learn how to position yourself for each position.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the above comments. I also can really relate to your situation as I had been primarily using an API climber myself on most outings but picked up and Ameristep Doghouse last summer and am very happy with some of the added advantages that it can provide.

Since then I gave the blind to one of the local clubs as a donation but picked up a 2003 model Penthouse and soon another 2003 model Doghouse TSC.

You should have more freedom of movement inside the blind provided you do not have all four windows/portholes/doors open at the same time. If you do then the animals will be able to see movement inside of the blind.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:32 PM

if u want the best ground blind out there that is easy to pop up and great concealment....get the double archery t2. i have it and i have to tell u..i eat, drink, rattle, and u would believe what i did in it one morning when my girl went on a hunt with me,,,yeahhhhhhhh they have shoot through camo screening...the deer never see u. check out the web site and call them up. ask them to send u a video..they r awesome. if u need more info ask me
Old 07-30-2003, 07:49 PM

Lemond, from reading your posts on the NE Board, I knew you had to be F' ing around while deer hunting due to your lack of success, but not literally!!

Good Man![:-]