Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 4th annual moderators cup sign ups!  ENTERANT LIST UPDATED 10-6-03 >

4th annual moderators cup sign ups! ENTERANT LIST UPDATED 10-6-03

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Biggest Buck, BB Runner Up, Viewers Choice, VC Runner Up
19.05%
Biggest Buck, BB Runner Up, Viewers Choice, Young Hunter of the Year
26.19%
Biggest Buck, Viewers Choice, VC Runner up, Young Hunter of the Year
7.14%
other (post your idea below)
7.14%
ABM keeps all the proceeds and sends out ribbons [][][]
2.38%
Biggest Buck, BB R-Up, Viewers Choice, VC R-Up, Young Hunter, $5 entry
38.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

4th annual moderators cup sign ups! ENTERANT LIST UPDATED 10-6-03

Old 07-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 4th annual moderators cup sign ups! ENTERANT LIST UPDATED 10-6-03

Information is below but I wanted to start a list of enterants on the top, so here they are so far...

Updated 10-03-03
TxCowboy
Bow Hnt
Ausie-Guy
Howler
Kcison
brucelit
Big Country
Farm Hunter
JKlinger
WV Hunter
Don Krenz
DoubleLung55
Wolfen68
Rack Attack
Pup
Treedog
Huntinfool14
Deer902
Buckshot
10 Pointer
Sapper
Raynow1
mdrdirt
Steve Johnson (user name?)

I figured we could get the sign up page going a little earlier this year, and hopefully we will get more interest. Every year it keeps getting bigger, and last year I was able to make 4 trophies for various catagories, although I think I can find better deals and quality of trophies this year now that I' m in Vegas. I' ll try and make it over to a couple of trophy shops when I return to Vegas in late August, and hopefully we can make more than 4 trophies, or at least have 4 nicer trophies made.

I' d like to keep the rules and the catagories the same however, but I set this up as a poll to see what ideas are the most popular. Viewers Choice awards include all whitetail entries except for the winner of the biggest buck and runner up for the biggest buck.

Entry fees are $2-$5 depending on how much you wish to enter. At the end of the sign up deadline, Sept. 30th, I will make a list of all enterants and go ahead and get the trophies made earlier this year. I will wait until the end of the competition, Jan. 30th, ' 04, and then have the winners names engraved on the trophies and mail them out shortly afterwards. Last year there was a hold up with the engraving, but I don' t expect those problems this season.

The mailing address for the entry fees is:

Jerry Pollen
attn. 2003 Moderators Cup
P.O. Box 19238
Las Vegas, NV 89132

The rules are the same as past years, biggest buck and runner up will be scored by the hunter using the buckmasters scoring method. This is on a honosty method, and I' m sure others will be questioning scores that come from somebody that has " stretched the tape" . Viewers choice will include all animals with exception of the biggest buck and runner up. We had a viewers choice and a viewers choice runner up last year, but I liked the idea of a young hunter of the year award better, so we only gave one viewers choice award when all was said and done.

Good luck to all!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 4th annual moderators cup sign ups!

Artic Being a younghunter myself , it would be better to have a seperate spot for all of us young bucks. Although some young hunters are more sucessful then some older hunters its still a good idea. I have never really read a post about the Moderators cup so what all goes into concideration? Just size of game killed, # of game killed, Story, and lesson learned of hunting, or is there more?
Old 07-18-2003, 02:28 PM
nub

I vote other. How about;
Biggest buck
Veiwers choice Whitetail
Young hunter of the year.
Big Game award. For sheep, moose, bears, african, exotics, ect, ect. ect.

I' ll send the cash asap. Best of luck to all who enter. [:-] Bow kills only now!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

One more thing, I would only go into like 2 of the things so how do u tell how much to send?
Old 07-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I vote for the following....

Biggest buck
Biggest buck runner up
Viewers choice
Viewers choice runner up
Young hunter of the year

Cost is $5

Old 07-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

My vote is for the same as Bowfanatic.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Bowfan' s idea as well, I' ll make that another option. I' m fairly certain trophies will cost a little less this year.

Double, the entry fee was $2-$5 per person to enter. When you enter, you are in all catagories, except now for us older farts for the young hunter catagory. I don' t want to make it complicated and break it down any more. Stories are not required with the pictures, but will be added if submitted in the webpage that IL_BOW_MAN puts up. When members vote for viewers choice, that is something that hopefully they will consider rather than the size of the rack, but the actual hunt that happened.

Before you all send money off, let me see what kind of feedback we get about having 5 trophies, and I' ll call a couple of trophy shops early next week before driving up to Colorado. I' d like to keep as many folks interested, so I don' t want to ask for more than 5 bucks, but we' ll see what kind of response we get.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

And no, I did not vote for me to keep the money and send out ribbons. [&:][&:][&:]
Old 07-19-2003, 08:19 AM
nub

Jerry: Might be a good idea to pin this ttt. We always seem to get a few newbies every year who say they never saw the thread til it pops back up in sept. or Oct. Plus some of the older members are loosing their minds anyways and need the constant reminder.[] The Moderators Cup has grown in popularity over the years and deserves the top spot! Who knows where this could end up in the future. We should talk BowTechShooter into donateing a new bow for the top spot?
Old 07-19-2003, 09:02 AM
nub

[:-][:-]

Quick Reply: 4th annual moderators cup sign ups! ENTERANT LIST UPDATED 10-6-03

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.