HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 4th annual moderators cup sign ups! ENTERANT LIST UPDATED 10-6-03
Old 07-18-2003, 02:06 PM
ArcticBowMan
Nontypical Buck

Default 4th annual moderators cup sign ups! ENTERANT LIST UPDATED 10-6-03

Information is below but I wanted to start a list of enterants on the top, so here they are so far...

Updated 10-03-03
TxCowboy
Bow Hnt
Ausie-Guy
Howler
Kcison
brucelit
Big Country
Farm Hunter
JKlinger
WV Hunter
Don Krenz
DoubleLung55
Wolfen68
Rack Attack
Pup
Treedog
Huntinfool14
Deer902
Buckshot
10 Pointer
Sapper
Raynow1
mdrdirt
Steve Johnson (user name?)

I figured we could get the sign up page going a little earlier this year, and hopefully we will get more interest. Every year it keeps getting bigger, and last year I was able to make 4 trophies for various catagories, although I think I can find better deals and quality of trophies this year now that I' m in Vegas. I' ll try and make it over to a couple of trophy shops when I return to Vegas in late August, and hopefully we can make more than 4 trophies, or at least have 4 nicer trophies made.

I' d like to keep the rules and the catagories the same however, but I set this up as a poll to see what ideas are the most popular. Viewers Choice awards include all whitetail entries except for the winner of the biggest buck and runner up for the biggest buck.

Entry fees are $2-$5 depending on how much you wish to enter. At the end of the sign up deadline, Sept. 30th, I will make a list of all enterants and go ahead and get the trophies made earlier this year. I will wait until the end of the competition, Jan. 30th, ' 04, and then have the winners names engraved on the trophies and mail them out shortly afterwards. Last year there was a hold up with the engraving, but I don' t expect those problems this season.

The mailing address for the entry fees is:

Jerry Pollen
attn. 2003 Moderators Cup
P.O. Box 19238
Las Vegas, NV 89132

The rules are the same as past years, biggest buck and runner up will be scored by the hunter using the buckmasters scoring method. This is on a honosty method, and I' m sure others will be questioning scores that come from somebody that has " stretched the tape" . Viewers choice will include all animals with exception of the biggest buck and runner up. We had a viewers choice and a viewers choice runner up last year, but I liked the idea of a young hunter of the year award better, so we only gave one viewers choice award when all was said and done.

Good luck to all!