Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Cabela's one year return policy changed >

Cabela's one year return policy changed

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabela's one year return policy changed

Old 09-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cabela's one year return policy changed

Everything that doesn't bair the Cabela's brand now has a 90 day warranty. I thought the reason they gave the one year return policy was because they charged more to cover it and they did. I didn't mind since they stood behind the product like that. Saw a sign today about some kind of price guarantee. I guess they'll go that route. Still good with 90 days and better prices, just thought people who've counted on the one year policy would like to know.
Pass it on.

Bought LaCrosse's new neoprene/rubber boots. Just tried them out, nice boots. If they last like my alpha burly's have, they'll have a winner. They have what seems to be a harder sole which I thought might be slippery, wasn't. Even seemed to grip the side of the steep bank of tall grass. Feet were comfortable but they did have a very slight problem in a bog. Wanted to come off just a little. They form real well to my calf and feet. Tried to get them to squeek like boots do climbing sticks or pegs, nope.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am glad they changed the policies...the 1 year return was driving up prices with so many people exchanging gear every year.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

they're a really nice store but way overpriced!
Old 09-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Agree with prior post, more competitive on price now, good move in my mind.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Agree with prior post, more competitive on price now, good move in my mind.
I kind of liked it the other way and it still is with all their brand stuff. It was unique and spoke loudly of their commitment to service. Still good, just not unique.

My first boots I bought there were not what I wanted. Just about said no when the clerk mentioned I could try them out for a full year, I bought them, never returned them. I was impressed. They charged more than everyone else for the boots but few stood behind the product like they did.

Like everything else, many abused it. They claim the economy has caused them to change, but I don't believe it. They have lost their focus. I don't go much anymore for 2 reasons. The first is the staff isn't happy (today was different). I'm there for the fun of it, I don't need a grumpy sales person. Second, their stock was poor, shelves in shambles. Just wasn't worth the drive.

Today was different, sales people happy and helpful again. Shelves in order and supplied. I spent some money and look forward again to returning. Even with the change they still have a better return policy than most. If they keep the staff happy and the shelves in order, they'll do just fine.

The clerk today said they used to have a 5 year return policy. Can you imagine the bargin cave supply with that in place. Clothes would be rags, boots soleless.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been to the Cabelas in Wheeling several times and they seemed to have everything stocked pretty well. But on one occasion a year or two ago in mid-october they were pretty low with stuff on the shelves but the store was packed. So that would be hard to control with everyone in a three state radius in archery season. But I buy a lot from Cabelas and really enjoy going to the store in person. Its a great place to spend the day.

Actually I have to make the trip pretty soon and return a pair of pants that my wife ordered last week. The reviews said the size runs alittle small, but these were extra small compared to the size ordered. No big deal though, they still have the tags on and just need a bigger size and it gives me a reason to go up enjoy the store.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the info on the new boots. I too have had the burleys for several years and I would give them a A+ rating. Im in the market for a new pair and was looking at the ones you mentioned. Going to be hard to not get a new pair of burleys though. Chris
Old 09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MOTOWNHONKEY
Thanks for the info on the new boots. I too have had the burleys for several years and I would give them a A+ rating. Im in the market for a new pair and was looking at the ones you mentioned. Going to be hard to not get a new pair of burleys though. Chris
I won't be taking them back. Walked about a mile through rocks and mud, water and tall grass. Up and down inclines, through the woods and briars. Feet are fine today. Just glancing at them today, they don't even look dirty. They said the sole is self cleaning. I guess stuff won't be falling off up on stand.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ken/WV
I have been to the Cabelas in Wheeling several times and they seemed to have everything stocked pretty well. But on one occasion a year or two ago in mid-october they were pretty low with stuff on the shelves but the store was packed. So that would be hard to control with everyone in a three state radius in archery season. But I buy a lot from Cabelas and really enjoy going to the store in person. Its a great place to spend the day.

Actually I have to make the trip pretty soon and return a pair of pants that my wife ordered last week. The reviews said the size runs alittle small, but these were extra small compared to the size ordered. No big deal though, they still have the tags on and just need a bigger size and it gives me a reason to go up enjoy the store.
Been there, powerful game room.

It was a couple years ago when I noticed things too. I remember the clerck at the gps counter very well. Unhappy and really didn't know much about the stock. I even mentioned to him that the same gps he didn't know much about could be bought for much less from a good online site, he wrote it down. The only one of any help at that counter that day was me. I go to pick brains and the pool was dry.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nodog
Been there, powerful game room.

It was a couple years ago when I noticed things too. I remember the clerck at the gps counter very well. Unhappy and really didn't know much about the stock. I even mentioned to him that the same gps he didn't know much about could be bought for much less from a good online site, he wrote it down. The only one of any help at that counter that day was me. I go to pick brains and the pool was dry.
I know here at the La Vista Nebraska store we'll match a competators price as long as it's a physical brick and mortor store within 100 miles of us and we can verify it (i.e. bring in an ad) and it's the exact same item. We will match our own online price if it's lower than in the store. Some times there is an online, or catalog sale but not a retail sale.
As to the unhappy staff, try working in our shoes for a day or two. I work in the Bargain Cave, Camping and Footwear and spend most of my day cleaning up after customers, not helping them with a purchase. In the Cave I get yelled at because we're not selling a brand new pair of $200 Mendls for $10. The Bargain Cave is not a garage sale. In Footwear or Camping it's because we don't have something in stock. We on the sales floor don't order the product, mangement and corporate (Sydney, Nebraska) does. Try dealing with someone who brings in a sales ad on Monday that clearly states the sale doesn't start till Thursday then gets upset because we won't honor the sale price.
Don't get me wrong I love working for Cabela's, sure beats the office politics of the bank I use to work at. I like most of the customers we get, there's just a few that will push your buttons because they think they can.

Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.