HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabela's one year return policy changed
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 PM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Agree with prior post, more competitive on price now, good move in my mind.
I kind of liked it the other way and it still is with all their brand stuff. It was unique and spoke loudly of their commitment to service. Still good, just not unique.

My first boots I bought there were not what I wanted. Just about said no when the clerk mentioned I could try them out for a full year, I bought them, never returned them. I was impressed. They charged more than everyone else for the boots but few stood behind the product like they did.

Like everything else, many abused it. They claim the economy has caused them to change, but I don't believe it. They have lost their focus. I don't go much anymore for 2 reasons. The first is the staff isn't happy (today was different). I'm there for the fun of it, I don't need a grumpy sales person. Second, their stock was poor, shelves in shambles. Just wasn't worth the drive.

Today was different, sales people happy and helpful again. Shelves in order and supplied. I spent some money and look forward again to returning. Even with the change they still have a better return policy than most. If they keep the staff happy and the shelves in order, they'll do just fine.

The clerk today said they used to have a 5 year return policy. Can you imagine the bargin cave supply with that in place. Clothes would be rags, boots soleless.