Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys that say a xbow is a rifle are just crazy to put it mildly. They are a crossbow. Not a gun. Stop making yourself look foolish. A gun shoots a bullet or shell with the use of gun powder.

If you were standing in the woods and you get shot in the back and an arrow and broadhead are sticking out of your stomach what would you think....?? Would you think I was shot with a gun?

They are three different weapons with the xbow and bow having very close ties.

There are locking devices that keep a bow at full draw until you want to shoot them also....are they now a gun too??
Old 07-16-2010, 10:14 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Morehead??? What's that? Sounds reminiscent of Subic Bay, PI for some reason.....

I graduationed from the School of Hard Knocks myself - Navy right out of High School.

..... and I'm always having fun.
Its a college in central Ky close to where I grew up. I was just giving kybuck some options.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
You guys that say a xbow is a rifle are just crazy to put it mildly. They are a crossbow. Not a gun. Stop making yourself look foolish. A gun shoots a bullet or shell with the use of gun powder.

If you were standing in the woods and you get shot in the back and an arrow and broadhead are sticking out of your stomach what would you think....?? Would you think I was shot with a gun?

They are three different weapons with the xbow and bow having very close ties.

There are locking devices that keep a bow at full draw until you want to shoot them also....are they now a gun too??
I agree, its not a rifle. A rifle has rifling. As opposed to a musket like the brown bess that didn't. But it is a gun. Has a gunstock, has a gun trigger and sear. Even uses gun scopes and lasers.

So from your reasoning, you really believe a watergun uses gunpowder and puts out bullets??????

You really believe a caulk gun uses gunpowder and bullets?????

You really believe a heatgun uses gunpowder and bullets????

You really believe a gluegun uses gunpowder and bullets????? If someone took a hot gluegun and smeared it on your eyes, would you think you got shot with a bullet?????

I reload alot of ammunition and keep 20-25lbs of smokeless powder on hand at all times, but I never use it for my jerkygun.

Just going off your logic. You might look foolish if you believe that.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
bigcountry

Guys, we can't forget the nailgun, the stungun, paintgun, frostinggun, sausagegun, dewalt sraygun, dewalt screwgun, the potato gun, blowgun, greasegun.

Remembered some more, the staplegun.

Folks what do all these have in common??? inquiring minds needs to know.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-16-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Its a college in central Ky close to where I grew up. I was just giving kybuck some options.
I actually knew that BC. I was just trying to make a joke. Obviously I wasn't successful.

Incidentally, while I personally have no problems with crossbows being allowed, I can honestly say that I do understand some of the concerns that others have about them being allowed. I believe they are wrong, but I understand why they feel that way.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 AM
bigcountry

I actually knew that BC. I was just trying to make a joke. Obviously I wasn't successful.

Incidentally, while I personally have no problems with crossbows being allowed, I can honestly say that I do understand some of the concerns that others have about them being allowed. I believe they are wrong, but I understand why they feel that way.
Nah, it gave me a chuckle. I am practicing that dry humor comedy routine.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I reload alot of ammunition and keep 20-25lbs of smokeless powder on hand at all times, but I never use it for my jerkygun.
You really oughtta try that sometime and post the video on YouTube.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 AM
bigcountry

You really oughtta try that sometime and post the video on YouTube.
See, now that was funny. Man, I was drinkin coffee. You can't do that!!!! I need to change my shirt now.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Guys, we can't forget the nailgun, the stungun, paintgun, frostinggun, sausagegun, dewalt sraygun, dewalt screwgun, the potato gun, blowgun, greasegun.

Remembered some more, the staplegun.

Folks what do all these have in common??? inquiring minds needs to know.

A trigger.

My release for my compound bow has a trigger too...what does that make it?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MO Archer
A trigger.

My release for my compound bow has a trigger too...what does that make it?
Nope, but your getting hotter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.