HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   How many carry an..? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/32226-how-many-carry.html)

BOWFANATIC 06-25-2003 06:52 PM

RE: How many carry an..?

When I hunt close to the Hamptons there is a big problem with wild dogs, poodles and terriers mostly. The nastiest little things you would want to find in the woods. There small but a real pain in the arse when your bow-hunting, almost lost a few good friends to them.

:D:D:D I sure hope your joking! I haven' t laughed that hard in awhile!

Big Country 06-25-2003 06:54 PM

Hey Bowfanatic, nothing funny about it!

You try walking with your ankles chewed up!;)

Turk_man 06-25-2003 07:19 PM

Sag please tell me that isn`t a regular thing down there. I guess if those fellas were up to that kind of stuff they`d get it done before rifle season eh?;)

BOWFANATIC 06-25-2003 07:37 PM

It just sounds funny:D Poodles and terriers?[:o] Wouldn' t anything bigger than a size 13 be overkill?

The only thing I worry about up north is the wolves. Their becoming way over populated. When I walk thru the woods I' ll cary a single arrow in my right hand. Whatever it is that attacks me is at least gonna have some scars on it' s face from my broadhead.
I would imagine that if you swatted any of those ankle biters in the nose with a broadhead tipped arrow it would help teach them a lesson.

Sagittarius 06-25-2003 09:01 PM

Turk_Man,

Well there are some weed growers that don' t take kindly to you coming too close to their fields.
Some of you guys need to pull your head out of the sand.
If you can be robbed on the streets, what makes you think it can' t happen in the woods ?
The way of the world today!
A friend of mine had his deer taken at gun point back in 89' and my cousin and uncle had a Mexican standoff with some hunters over a deer in 94' .
I posted this same information om my handgun thread but lots of guys thought I was lying and just wanted to start a sensation.
Well, that it did.
But both are true accounts, believe it or not.

Sag.

b-rice 06-25-2003 10:11 PM

Illegal here in CA

Cougar Mag 06-26-2003 12:02 AM

Illegal here in Illinois and I don' t!! I have had groups of dogs, packs of coyotes and other hunters around me......never once felt threatened! My broadhead tipped arrow and skinning knife is all I need. Where I hunt I know who else might be hunting the area.

xibowhunter 06-26-2003 04:41 AM

don' t feel bad sag. a buddy of mine had a deer taken off him at gun point in the woods he didn' t even get a chance to gut it , but there are a lot of buttheads out there !

CBM SC 06-26-2003 05:44 AM

Some of you obviously have not been exposed to some of the poverty strickin rural areas of the country.
What........there are people without jobs ? Crack?Booze? Welfare? Foodstamps?No law enforcement?No Gamewarden in the county? Can it be ...........???

Nope ....... Just you cruising into a great hunting area with your blinders on.......in your new $35k truck, a bunch of high dollar gear, and a pocket full of money to last you through the weekend. Wake up !! ;)

WV Hunter 06-26-2003 05:53 AM

CBM....:)

I have never carried one, as I' ve never felt the need to. However, that said...if I did feel like I needed to carry for personal protection, I' d do it... regardless of whether or not it was allowed. Hopefully I' ll never be in that situation.