HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   How many carry an..? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/32226-how-many-carry.html)

98Redline 06-24-2003 05:03 PM

RE: How many carry an..?

I used to when I lived in Virginia. A couple of rounds of snake shot then onto the hollow points. Too far out into the boonies not to.
Since I moved up here to Pa, I have left my sidearm at home.

DaveC 06-24-2003 07:53 PM

Illegal in bowseason in Texas also. So no, I don' t do it.
BUT night time pig hunts will find either my conceal carry 9 in my fanny pack, or my scoped .44 mag in my fourwheelers gear box!!

rockytop 06-25-2003 07:06 AM

It' s illegal here in tennessee but I care one for wild dogs. I' ve been attacked and if I had not had a gun, I' d been in a mess. I keep it concealed and wouldn' t use it for anything but self defense.

Tree climber 06-25-2003 07:51 AM

it' s illegal here in Fla. and I don' t need one.I do carry one in the truck,but not in the woods.
we have some real buttholes in the game commission here,and they will take you to jail.they don' t write tickets for that,they just take your gun and you go to jail.

CBM SC 06-25-2003 07:56 AM

I have before even though it was technically illegal. I hunt on some public land that I access by boat . If you feel like attacking me for carrying a gun ...go ahead , but like Sagittarius ....I carried it because of people getting robbed and cars getting broke into near the area I was hunting. Seems like in some rural areas the drug user type folks have been driving down to remote boat launches and robbing people at gunpoint or breaking into their vehicles. I typically may be the only person using the launch on the days I hunt and it is not unlikely for me to be the only one coming in at night.
Now as far as hunting goes.......I would take a bow over a pistol any day. ' Cause I can' t hit squat over about 15 yrds with a pistol , but I can shoot out to 60 yrds accurately with my bow all day long.

I think pistols should be allowed for personal protection.
I guess I should' ve mentioned that I don' t carry one 95% of the time,just when I go to a couple of places that I' m worried about needing it.

rcd567 06-25-2003 09:43 AM

Illegal here in Iowa also, so no I don' t. The game wardens in this part of the country carry guns and will also take you to jail and take your gun as well. I have a concealed weapons permit but the game laws specifically state I can' t carry it while bowhunting. I' ve no problem with that. I feel secure with my bow and arrows. Besides, there is legislation trying to make it a felony to carry a weapon (handgun) without a permit. If convicted, I' d lose my right to vote and also lose my right to legally own a firearm.

thundermug 06-25-2003 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Sagittarius

Who wants to squeal like a pig ? LOL.
Just ask Ned Beatty. ;)
Sag.
ROTFLMAO!!!
Just like treeclimber said it is illegal to do this in FL. However I do carry concealed, and I have been caught. My S&W 9mm was confiscated and I had to post a $1,000.00 bond so I could go home. I do have a CCW permit and when I went to court the charge was dropped. My lawyer pointed out that Fl. was a right to carry state, and it was an unlawfull search and seizure because my weapon was concealed and not visible. It took me 3 more weeks to get my sidearm back.

Now the GW who busted me always asks me why I think I need one. See the quote above.

Turk_man 06-25-2003 05:45 PM

Man, you guys make me glad I live where I do. I`ve had problems with dogs, and I`ve had problems with idiots but never and I mean never have I ever thought that I needed anything to protect myself with. Man i`ve drove truck across your great country and although there are many places I won`t go at night, I never thought the danger was any greater than one of our bigger cities. Guess I was wrong.:)

buck-i 06-25-2003 05:55 PM

oklahoma law dont allow it so i dont.if caught carrying you should be treated like a poacher.sorry but thats how i feel

Sagittarius 06-25-2003 06:45 PM

buck-i,

I wonder if you would feel the same way if some good ol boys met you in the woods, robbed you, nearly beat the life out of you. and left you for dead.
Or just shot you dead period.
How would you feel about that ?
No offense, just a legitimate question .

Sag.