Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what about them NAP spitfires >

what about them NAP spitfires

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what about them NAP spitfires

Old 06-18-2003, 12:35 PM

Default what about them NAP spitfires

i see all this talk about BH' s on different threads but no body has mentioned anything about the spitfires. i have not used any " yet" but i was told that they are very good heads and leave an excellent blood trail. Is this right or wrong. who uses them and what do you have to say about them?
Old 06-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what about them NAP spitfires

killed a couple with them. great blood trail and no problems so far. the only similar one i see out there are the grimm reapper heads. the only difference i see is that the outer tips have a razor cut on impact design .i think its supposed to help with angle shots. i think spitfire is coming out with a similar design. i will try those also.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:05 AM

I have had great luck with the Spitfires and they are my favorite head so far. Do a search on Spitfires and you' ll find a lot of responses .
Old 06-20-2003, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spitfires are well made with sharp blades. The fly great and have a good cutting diameter. The only drawback is that they are a litttle slower to open compared to other heads that use O-rings or Rubber bands to hold the blades closed. If you are shooting a well tuned bow with 55ft/lbs or better KE you should have excellent results on deer size game.