Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spitfires?

Old 10-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Spitfires?

has anyone had any experience with the wal mart spitfires because im am really hurting for broadheads.I only have one good muzzy left and i was thinking of getting a 3 pack just in case i would need a follow up shot. Don't worry my bow is properly tuned so the will maybe i should say should hit in the same place. Do you think they will be alright as a back up just in case? because i dont plan on using them as my primary but as a "just in case"? I have enough KE for them, and i plan on getting some good ones for next year
Old 10-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spitfires?

back to the top
Old 10-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

By Walmart spitfires do you mean NAP Spitfires from New Archery Products? NAP Spitfires are an excellent mechanical broadhead. I wouldn't hesitate to use them. The Walmart near me sells them for 30 bucks for 3.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

look on ebay and u can get more muzzys..or whatever broadhead u like. try the snyper 3 blade....nasty new head
Old 10-21-2006, 05:40 AM

i am using spitfire's 100 grainand have taken a doe already this year my brother in law usues them faithfully they are an excellent broadhead so yes i would recommend using them
Old 10-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Banned

I have used spitfires and they perform excellent on deer. I had excellent results with them but I still like a muzzy as they are recommended over mechanicals for bear and elk andI hunt these too soI take muzzys on all of my hunts.I do use the spitfire gobbler getter on turkeys though. HCH
Old 10-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

Spitfires are a great head. They fly straight and put a big hole in the deer.
I've used them for years and never had a problem. You will not be
disappointed.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

what about blade sharpness, i think i may go pick them up here in a few so i will post my findings, hopefully ill stick one tommorow and if they fly good i may shoot them at one
Old 10-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

I have never shot Spitfires but a friend of mine uses them and loves them. I can tell you he took two nice bulls on our Caribou hunt this year and them heads did some incredible damage. I have been bowhunting over 25 years and have never seen broadheads open a animal up like these.

Heres a look at one of his bulls
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/MatthewsMQ1/DSCN0704.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/MatthewsMQ1/DSCN0703.jpg

This bull was taken at 43 yards and didnt walk one step.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i bought some a few minutes ago and i just got done shooting them and I was impressed, They are really sharp way sharper than my muzzys. Hopefully I'll get a shot at one tommorow, with some blood trail pics.I am not expecting to get pass thrus now but with the 1 1/2 inch cut i think it'll do enough damage

Quick Reply: Spitfires?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.