Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Retired Payless Employees, professional help needed! >

Retired Payless Employees, professional help needed!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Retired Payless Employees, professional help needed!

Old 06-19-2003, 05:29 PM

Default Retired Payless Employees, professional help needed!

I realize this is the bowhunting link, but the ' gear' forum is as dead as that 6x6 will be Sept. 1st. Hmmm, how can I link this to bowhunting...well, I will be wearing them while bowhunting...they match my bowhunting release

My wife just picked me up a pair of SWEET Irish Setters (Ranier), and it' s been so damn long since I' d had to buy boots (had really good luck with a pair of Rocky Cornstalkers...resoled once), and those weren' t leather, that I' m not sure if these bad boyz fit or not? Does leather usually end up giving/stretching a little with time and wear? I can wear two pair of socks and they are snug, but not uncomfortable in the least. I don' t anticipate ever wearing more than two...if it gets that dang cold, I will break out my wussy-wearin' battery operated socks!

I guess I am just wondering how a pair of boots is supposed to fit. .

Thanks to all in advance.

Chad

*now I don' t want any of you guys impersonating a payless shoe salesman...not that there' s anything wrong with that.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:38 PM

Default RE: Retired Payless Employees, professional help needed!

I bought mine for two pair of socks and in that respect they are perfect. However, during the summer months on scouting trips, I frequently wear only one pair. When I do so, I am guaranteeing that by February, I will loose one of my little toenails and sometimes both. This year I plan on two pair.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:46 AM

Default RE: Retired Payless Employees, professional help needed!

I' ve spent some time with leather foot wear and they do make a spray that will help the leather stretch... it does help... but I don' t wear leather or have any leather while hunting because it holds smell quite well!!! Use caution and cover your tracks... so to speak