Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy Broadhead Sharpness >

Muzzy Broadhead Sharpness

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Broadhead Sharpness

Old 06-18-2003, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Broadhead Sharpness

I made the switch to Muzzy' s last year and the sharpness issue is my only complaint. I thought they weren' t quite as sharp as the other broadheads I had been using. I know they are a quality head and I killed deer with them last year, but I' d like to see them a bit sharper since I plan on staying with them for a while.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

miled1, I know what you are talking about. I have found Muzzy' s to be pretty sharp out of the package, but I can get them sharper on a fine diamond hone. Just tales a few seconds. I use the four bladed heads and use an s-24. Works well.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:16 AM
CG

I' ve shot them for 6 years now and every package I' ve picked up will shave hair.......IMHO and IME, I don' t see how having them any sharper than that will be beneficial.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Spike

Default All Muzzy's are just plain dull.

Every broadhead I buy, I take out of the package and see if it will shave the hairs off the back of my hand, I haven't had one Muzzy do this, I like to mess with my die hard muzzy friends with this. 2 years ago I decided to join the rage train, when hit well, nothing smokes em like a rage broadhead (2 blade), these however are also fairly dull. But last year I shot a 145" 8 point almost straight down, hit the back edge of his shoulder blade, and only got about 4" of penetration. Some of you are probably wondering what equipment Mathews Switchback XT set 70lbs with 27.5" draw length pushing Easton Axis FMJ's. Heartbreak to say the least, my buddy arrowed the deer 3 weeks later with a NAP thunderhead. At Gander Mountain I saw the NAP Nightmare's, opened the package and WOW, razor sharp, by the middle of October I had no hair on my hand from showing every other bow hunter I saw how sharp these heads were. Confidence is everything, pick what makes you comfortable, I recommend opening a package of NAP's and see for yourself.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Everybody is sayin that they kill deer just fine, and a lot of people get a lot of passthru's. Maybe muzzy knows that and saves money, keeping costs low, by not spending time or resources sharpening something that is sharp enough. They always work for me.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

I like my muzzys. They are tough and they come sharp enough for me out of the package. I cut myself with them the other day