Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
wemen or hunting? >

wemen or hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wemen or hunting?

Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Spike

Dump her! Their not worth the headach.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Good thing about the girl I'm seeing is that she is a deer hunter lol. We'll go out together, so she can't complain about me hunting too much lol.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Been married Seven years with three kids, two boys and a beautiful little girl The boys are 6 and 3 and little pork chop is almost 2. Life is about balance and that goes for everything, money, time at work, time at home, time with kids, and time to hunt!! One thing you need to do is work this out NOW if your thinking long term with this girl because the arguement with rare its ugly head later again down the road if you dont. My wife loves my passion for all types of hunting, especially bow hunting, I balance it by taking my two older boys as much as passible. Its a win win, I get time with them doing what we love and she's not stuck home with three kids!!!! And I take her out just me and her here and there through the season just to keep things smooth... Find a good balance even if you don't have kids like in my situation. You can balance doing things with her if you have too, I know its not always fun, but when you stick that big buck it will all be worth it trust me........... Good Luck
Old 08-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

My problem is I hunt, fish, and crab... So lately I've been going crabbing every weekend, but thankfully its usually only a morning thing so by the time she gets up I'm almost done, and she never complains when we have fresh steamed crabs all the time!!

My wife is great about it though very underdstanding, but the key is making time for the family. She pretty much plans on me being in the woods from mid sept till thanksgiving, then I scale back on my deer hunting and start waterfowl, which lets me be home in the evenings... I make a huge effort to do things w/ her during the week and on sundays.

This year is going to be extra tough though, she's doing her student teaching and is pregnant (due in jan)... So I'm gonna be walkin on eggshells
Old 08-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JESUS loves archers
I`ll be darned if someone is going to tell me when to hunt.
Thatta Way! Some of these others should grow a pair too! Bowhunting has cost me a few girlfriends, but like a few others have said, i told em in the beginning how it was gonna be come october and if you dont like well then dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on the way out! They can have me any other time of the year but when archery season starts thats my time! And you're right, it is a control thing, if you start giving in now you're DOOMED!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I wanna see the photos of the ones ya'll are "putting in their place", too.

Maybe "oukicking your coverage" ain't so common, afterall.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JESUS loves archers
I told my girlfriend/fiance I was going to hunt hard this year.She wants me to spend more time with her and said "it better not be like last year" Well I was hoping to hunt more than last year? I`m a contractor and just finishing up a big job tearing down and building 12 decks in an association,so am I not being responsible by taking some time to hunt?
The key here is your not married yet. Find a gal who likes hunting or is alright with you hunting. From what you said above if you stay together one of you will be unhappy. Which will lead to both of you being unhappy. A lot of married guys are in your shoes so they do their best to keep peace. You still have options!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Spike

How about we flip this? And even tho I am NOT one of those wives (I hunt too), I can understand the 'other' wives.

Here's the wife speaking to you:

Honey, I work 40+ hours a week just like you do and then I come home and cook and clean and such on the weekends. Come (whatever) season, you have to do all those things on your own and take care of the kids and pets because I won't be here most of the time. I'll catch up with you when (whatever) season is over.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Women or hunting?

I may be a little more ballsy here than most but hunting comes before everything in my life but God almighty and my whole family knows it. My wife went to Florida with her mother and the kids without me because I save all my vacation time for fall. She got lucky on her birthday, was my day off and so was our anniversary. That's just the way it is and always has been long before we were married. I'm perfectly ok with being single if it should come to that. If she wants to enjoy the outdoors with me all the better if not that's fine also. When it comes right down to it Mother Nature is the most important woman in my life. With all that being said I do try to spend as much time as possible with wife and family during the summer...as long as I don't have to use any of my vacation time.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Thank GOD I have my wife. I think I'll go kiss her, now, and tell her how much I love her.

These threads amaze me........kinda.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.