Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
wemen or hunting? >

wemen or hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wemen or hunting?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trkytrack2
Dump her! Their not worth the headach.
Lol.......or find one that wants to go with you. If she is attractive your buddies won't mind. Otherwise ask her once in a while if she wants to come along. Its the thought that counts, or find a buddy with the same problem, tell the girls to go out together, show a little leg, have a good time and you'll pick them up after your gutting your deer.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

You have to let her know that you wear the pants and she washes them!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

To reiterate....

Maybe "outkicking your coverage" ain't so common, afterall.
Hopefully....you're at least getting it over the line of scrimmage, though.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I told my girl hunting is my life and if she cant exept that then she can leave id find a girl that will be ok with it. But i also race oval track and spend alot of time working on my car also. But my girl supports me and is ok with it and would never stop me. heck this year she is goin to try to hunt with me
Old 08-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wolfwoman7
How about we flip this? And even tho I am NOT one of those wives (I hunt too), I can understand the 'other' wives.

Here's the wife speaking to you:

Honey, I work 40+ hours a week just like you do and then I come home and cook and clean and such on the weekends. Come (whatever) season, you have to do all those things on your own and take care of the kids and pets because I won't be here most of the time. I'll catch up with you when (whatever) season is over.

Easy response here. My wife works 35hours aweek. She comes home does the house work cooks through the week and weekends. all year long so when hunting season comes around she will be use to it. Keeping it that way year round makes it an easy transaction for her.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Spike

Um Jim, that what I posted would have been coming from your wife's mouth leaving YOU at home for (whatever) season it was that SHE chose to leave the house. Just as you leave during hunting season.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

women need to have things explained to them repeatedly. just tell her that while you're out hunting she doesn't have to worry about you running around on her. and bring it up repeatedly when she complains repeatedly. she'll have a fit and say something to the effect that you must be running around under the guise of hunting and then you tell her she's much too pretty for you to run around on her and she says that's sweet and you're off the hook for another day. it's all part of the hunting experience.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You gotta make a decision too... if she wants to tear you away from what you love just for the sake of doing it... you need to boot that broad.

Now, if you have wedding arrangements to make, or a house to build, or kids to watch... then you are no kinda man to leave her holding the bill and run off all the time (once in a while by prior arrangement is to be expected). But you cannot and should not shirk your family or loved ones for anything.... ever. And you can let everyone on here moan about man points or man cards or whatever.... its all noise.

If she just wants to sit on the couch and cuddle... get her a cat and go hunting... if she just wants to see you.... get her a camera and film some hunts. At any rate... she might just be needy.... and you should pay attention to it... but don't cave to it.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wolfwoman7
Um Jim, that what I posted would have been coming from your wife's mouth leaving YOU at home for (whatever) season it was that SHE chose to leave the house. Just as you leave during hunting season.

She knows her role and plays if very very well.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Spike

Hmm, as I can see you didn't address the situation as I explained it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.