Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods? >

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Old 03-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Lets hear it!? From bones to bigfoot or hair raising moments. Post your stories!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

I had a owl[seen it coming] fly right at me, at about 20 yrds I wasn't to worried . At 10 yrds I was squirming
and all I was thinking is he seen movement from my leafy head net that I had on. I actually started standing up, at the last second
it swerved off, I swear I could feel the wind from it's wing when it went by.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Spike

Well there has been a few weird things happen in my 40 yrs in the woods...... been shot at numerous times,both on purpose and by accident, never hit though.......Was attacked by a poacher, my son almost shot him with an arrow, but as he released I hit the bow and it missed him by inches...sissy ran off............but the best weird thing, won't go into much detail but I was sitting in my stand on the edge of a hidden resevoir pond on a beautiful fall day when I saw someone coming through the tall grass carrying a blanket, when she got to the pond, she spread the blanket out and dis-robed, it was a uncomfortable situation for sure but as I gathered my things, I hear.."Hey, You don't have to leave".... it was my lucky day!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two years ago I was hunting a field edge, may 10 yards back from the standing corn. I could hear racket out in the corn all afternoon, and around 4:00 it was getting closer. I could see out into the field and I could see the stalks breaking and being moved around. I of course assumed it was the Jordan buck coming my way since there was so much corn being moved. I get all ready, release clipped on, tension on the string, and out walks a fricken pig...as in an oinker, a real pig, Hampshire to be exact. I cuoldn't believe it. I started laughing of course, but also was like "what the hell is going on here!"
Old 03-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

Well there has been a few weird things happen in my 40 yrs in the woods...... been shot at numerous times,both on purpose and by accident, never hit though.......Was attacked by a poacher, my son almost shot him with an arrow, but as he released I hit the bow and it missed him by inches...sissy ran off............but the best weird thing, won't go into much detail but I was sitting in my stand on the edge of a hidden resevoir pond on a beautiful fall day when I saw someone coming through the tall grass carrying a blanket, when she got to the pond, she spread the blanket out and dis-robed, it was a uncomfortable situation for sure but as I gathered my things, I hear.."Hey, You don't have to leave".... it was my lucky day!
A guy who works next to my shop talked one year about a similar situation. he was in his stand well before dark, an hour later a couple coms strolling up the trail. They spead out a blanket, disrobe and give the hunter the show of his life about 40 yards away. He said they "went at it" for half an hour or so, then layed back and "relaxed". At this point the hunter stood up, started cheering and clapping his hands. he said he never saw a couple get dressed and run off so quick! Basically ruined his hunt for the night, but we all got a good chuckle out of it.
Eyes everywhere, lol.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well this thread certainly hasn't disappointed
Old 03-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Banned

In Canada, while bow hunting bears, I had a Whiskey jack fly right through my bow between the strings and the riser.
Tons of other cool or wierd things from 30 years of hunting
Old 03-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys get to seepeople have sex with each other and all I get to see is 2 deer have sex with each other.

What gives! [8D]
Old 03-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one for ya but it is not that good.I was hunting turkey one afternoon by the river and where a ditch runs
into it, right on the corner.Two guy's come by on a boat and i hear one say, this is perfect.They pull over right under me throwed out a blanket got there bottle, and before i seen something that would haunt me the rest of my life.I got up from aganist the tree and walked away.It took them a little while to notice me but they did,they had that look like they seen a ghost.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one for ya but it is not that good.I was hunting turkey one afternoon by the river and where a ditch runs
into it, right on the corner.Two guy's come by on a boat and i hear one say, this is perfect.They pull over right under me throwed out a blanket got there bottle, and before i seen something that would haunt me the rest of my life.I got up from aganist the tree and walked away.It took them a little while to notice me but they did,they had that look like they seen a ghost.
Dude..........ahh I don't even know what to say. That might possibly be the worst hunting story ever.

I feel sorry for your eyes. [X(]

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.