HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:54 AM
dandbuck
Fork Horn

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

Well there has been a few weird things happen in my 40 yrs in the woods...... been shot at numerous times,both on purpose and by accident, never hit though.......Was attacked by a poacher, my son almost shot him with an arrow, but as he released I hit the bow and it missed him by inches...sissy ran off............but the best weird thing, won't go into much detail but I was sitting in my stand on the edge of a hidden resevoir pond on a beautiful fall day when I saw someone coming through the tall grass carrying a blanket, when she got to the pond, she spread the blanket out and dis-robed, it was a uncomfortable situation for sure but as I gathered my things, I hear.."Hey, You don't have to leave".... it was my lucky day!
A guy who works next to my shop talked one year about a similar situation. he was in his stand well before dark, an hour later a couple coms strolling up the trail. They spead out a blanket, disrobe and give the hunter the show of his life about 40 yards away. He said they "went at it" for half an hour or so, then layed back and "relaxed". At this point the hunter stood up, started cheering and clapping his hands. he said he never saw a couple get dressed and run off so quick! Basically ruined his hunt for the night, but we all got a good chuckle out of it.
Eyes everywhere, lol.