Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick Trick Broadheads >

Slick Trick Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick Broadheads

Old 04-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default Slick Trick Broadheads

Anyone out there with any real hunting experience with these broadheads? I have read the broadhead test and they look good and I' ve just purchased a 3 pack to test. I' m just wondering how they would perform on deer,elk, etc.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:44 AM
nub

Default RE: Slick Trick Broadheads

Never tried them. Heres some pics tho. http://www.slicktrick.net/

Old 04-22-2003, 11:26 PM

I feel I got a black eye over this but I have to, in good concious (sp?) send you this link..

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...anguage=single

Old 04-23-2003, 06:47 AM
nub

huntmup: I read that whole thread and have decided Slick Tricks aren' t worth the risk to me. As for ol Hootie, like one of the replies to your thread said, you just called his kid ugly!
Old 04-23-2003, 06:57 AM

Just to make sure I' m as accurate as possible -

1 - there was a subsequent thread regarding Slick Trick broadhead deflection testing - I think it was 5shot that did the tests - and he didn' t get them to deflect.

2 - If it was 5shot - he also said he' s *never* been able to prove a deflection (with mechanicals or anything) so is the test 100% accurate?

3 - These heads absolutely fly straight - I' m 100% certain I' m as accurate with them as I am with fp' s

4 - I do believe they are loud in flight - a ffffffffffffftttttttt that isn' t there with other heads.

I think that' s about it - if a guy were to take NOTHING but 100% broadside shot' s I' d say use the crap out of them - but I guarantee you I had the exact same problem on 3 different deer at close range with excellent shots. I never had this problem before, and by the way, I haven' t had it since. I switched heads during the year last year & took 2 more deer at similar 1/4ing angles with no ' slide' .

My $0.02

Old 04-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Huntmup, I must comend you on how thorough you were in your assessment of the Slick Trick heads. You definitely spent alot of time and thought to show your findings in your original posts. It is really easy for someone to just come on here and slam a product that they had one bad experience with. But you made your decision based on several incidents that you had using this head. You also told the positive aspects of these heads, so it is obvious that you weren' t out on some personal vendetta mission. You just were giving others a heads up on a potential negative on a product. And in this case the negative could result in a lost. or worse yet a crippled or maimed animal. I think that you did a great job, and gave a very thorough explination. I have never used these broadheads so I can' t give an opinion one way or the other. I have my personal choice of broadheads that I am more than pleased with. But I do know that if I were trying to decide on using these heads, that your report on them would have been very helpful in my decision. With that said , I know you said that you felt like you got a black eye over this. Well, in my opinion you just gave good hard facts on your opinion and backed them up with proof. I think that you did a great job proving your point. Alot better than just coming on here and saying that these heads stink because you don' t like them. You presented your side well and were very honest in doing so, so there is nothing to feel bad about. Fine job!
Old 04-23-2003, 11:39 AM

I used them last year. I like them, and will use them again this year. I can' t give you a lot of data, because I only killed one buck with them, and I spined him. They are absolutely as accurate as field-points. Here' s an interesting pic of them. This is a 100-grain Slick Trick next to one of my 100-grain Muzzy heads.

Old 04-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks, for all the input so far! I' ll have to consider the quartering away issue. I thought it was well presented and honest, though I' m not 100% sure about the broadhead being the problem. It certainly is a situation worth considering. Thanks huntmup and others for your honest opinion. Thanks 5shot for the email, I' ll check it out!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 11:08 AM

Hi Formula1, This is Gary from Slick Trick Broadheads. All I can tell you is this is the only guy I know convinced that my heads deflect. I contacted my dealers and questioned them about deflection or anything else. They ALL told me they had seen no problems and that they were going to be ordering a bunch more than they ordered last year, which was hundreds of packs with some dealers. I am going to update my website shortly when I get the 125 out, hopefully in 3 weeks or so and include some of the testimonials to my heads from emails, letters, forums and such. Like " 13 deer this season and 13 passthroughs. They bust bone like a slug." " I was reading on another board of one guy who has already killed 5 deer this season with the same Slick Trick broadhead that has been resharpened." " We talked last year and I ordered some of your broadheads. I told you I would hunt with them all year and see what I think about them. Well, after two deer, three hogs, one bobcat, and several squirrels and rabbits, I am extremely impressed. They truely do fly like field points. Penetration is unbelievable too. I have found in my own experience, that animals can' t take it when they are hit with a Slick Trick. I would like to keep these heads in my shop from now on. I have no desire to hunt with anything else, and when some one askes me what I would recommend in a tough, reliable head, I show them a Slick Trick. Happy hunting, and God bless." And so on. People comment the most on 2 things, the field point flight and the unexpectedly large holes they find. Sold a couple of packs yesterday to a guy from PA who took a buck through the spine last year with Slick Tricks, and took a big 9 point at some angle who walked off 30 yards and fell over. The guy was very impressed with the size of the hole. From the unput I have from umpteenth hunters with no problem and one odd report the odds are about the same as having lightning strike you. I will add this observation. The closest thing to the geometry of the Slick Trick is the Rocky Ti 100. You can compare the two side by side and measure the deflection possibilities and see they will perform similarly. If the Rocky Ti 100 doesn' t have a history of deflection then you can see that the Slick Trick won' t either. And to my knowledge the Rocky Ti 100 penetrates as well as others. Good luck to you, and take a good shot with whatever head you choose. THANKS GARY
Old 04-24-2003, 01:09 PM

[:' (]

I still feel like an @$$ over this...

Quick Reply: Slick Trick Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.