HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slick Trick Broadheads
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Oldhootowl

Default RE: Slick Trick Broadheads

Hi Formula1, This is Gary from Slick Trick Broadheads. All I can tell you is this is the only guy I know convinced that my heads deflect. I contacted my dealers and questioned them about deflection or anything else. They ALL told me they had seen no problems and that they were going to be ordering a bunch more than they ordered last year, which was hundreds of packs with some dealers. I am going to update my website shortly when I get the 125 out, hopefully in 3 weeks or so and include some of the testimonials to my heads from emails, letters, forums and such. Like " 13 deer this season and 13 passthroughs. They bust bone like a slug." " I was reading on another board of one guy who has already killed 5 deer this season with the same Slick Trick broadhead that has been resharpened." " We talked last year and I ordered some of your broadheads. I told you I would hunt with them all year and see what I think about them. Well, after two deer, three hogs, one bobcat, and several squirrels and rabbits, I am extremely impressed. They truely do fly like field points. Penetration is unbelievable too. I have found in my own experience, that animals can' t take it when they are hit with a Slick Trick. I would like to keep these heads in my shop from now on. I have no desire to hunt with anything else, and when some one askes me what I would recommend in a tough, reliable head, I show them a Slick Trick. Happy hunting, and God bless." And so on. People comment the most on 2 things, the field point flight and the unexpectedly large holes they find. Sold a couple of packs yesterday to a guy from PA who took a buck through the spine last year with Slick Tricks, and took a big 9 point at some angle who walked off 30 yards and fell over. The guy was very impressed with the size of the hole. From the unput I have from umpteenth hunters with no problem and one odd report the odds are about the same as having lightning strike you. I will add this observation. The closest thing to the geometry of the Slick Trick is the Rocky Ti 100. You can compare the two side by side and measure the deflection possibilities and see they will perform similarly. If the Rocky Ti 100 doesn' t have a history of deflection then you can see that the Slick Trick won' t either. And to my knowledge the Rocky Ti 100 penetrates as well as others. Good luck to you, and take a good shot with whatever head you choose. THANKS GARY