Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which one would you choose? >

Which one would you choose?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which one would you choose?

Old 02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which one would you choose?

tru ball pro diamond xtreme
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat20069_TGP&id=0014575417125a&navCount=24 &podId=0014575&parentId=cat20069&maste rpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QX&amp ;rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20069&am p;hasJS=true

OR

tru ball copperhead release
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat20069&id=0033071417127a&navCount=28&amp ;podId=0033071&parentId=cat20069&masterpat hid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QX&rid =&parentType=index&indexId=cat20069&ha sJS=true

ive never used anything but a wrist strap release.. so im leary but curious about the diamond extreme. turning to you fellas for advice
Old 02-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which one would you choose?

I have both a hand held, and a wrist strap. I like the handheld because I feel I get a MUCH more consistant anchor point by turning my hand into my jaw, and burying the space between the index and middle finger right on the point of my jaw. I also like being able to hand my release on the loop during hunting, and not having a wrist strap flapping everywhere.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

keep your hands free.. go with a thumb release.. makes moving around and grabbing things a lot easier..
Old 02-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell ya what I've never used a back tension but I know they make you better shooters. However I don't think I could hike all over the mountains in colorado all day worryin about the darn thing or even here in wi for that matter. I know you can put tethers on em but still worry me hunting wise. Maybe some others who use them huntingnin those situations can beg to differ. Depends what you wanna use it for I guess. I've used thecopperhead for 2 years now and love it!! WCL
Old 02-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

Tell ya what I've never used a back tension but I know they make you better shooters. However I don't think I could hike all over the mountains in colorado all day worryin about the darn thing or even here in wi for that matter. I know you can put tethers on em but still worry me hunting wise. Maybe some others who use them huntingnin those situations can beg to differ. Depends what you wanna use it for I guess. I've used thecopperhead for 2 years now and love it!! WCL
Well neither of them are back tension. Anyway i would go with the thumb release if it were me. I made the switch last week and im glad i did. I found my groups actually tightened a little and im looking foward to hunting with it. Just clip it on the loop and your ready to go.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bad... Anyways thumb or tension neither are attached to your body that was my point in difference not the mechanics. WCL
Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 PM

I like the wrist trigger releases. Easier to hold for a while if I need to.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go for the thumb release.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:03 PM

if the choice is up between the two, imo, get the copperhead, or spend the money if possible and get a Carter. But realy either one would do the job, try em both and see what you like........I just got a Carter and Love it. The one thing that concerns me is keeping up with such an expensive release durring hunting season.
I wanted to try the pro diamond ex. but just never did like it
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

I just purchased the TruBall Pro Diamond Extreme after shooting wrist strap for years and I really like it I don't see me switching back any time soon.