Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 10 years from now >

10 years from now

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 years from now

Old 02-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 10 years from now

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

You got me there Dan, get back to me in 10 years and well have a great convo
Let's shoot for 20

I hope I'm able to

Dan
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

20 sounds good
Old 02-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BlackFive782

You wont need treestands anymore since all of the timber will be cleared for homes and malls.

Hunting gear wont cost a lot of dollars, just a lot of Ameros- theblack market will be the only place to purchase hunting related products. You'll have to meet "Mr. M" in a dark alley to pick up your new G5 sight.

You wont need an ability to shoot long distances because the crop fields will be turned intosoccer fields and parks for the cityyuppies and their yuppy offspring.

You'll likely be able to pet the deer you intend to shoot, prior to doing so. Fawns will eat bread-crumbs out of your hand and you will have to pass a criminal background investigation before you can purchase a bow, arrows, broadheads or a knife.

Prior to shooting at geese in the air, you'll have to confirm with air traffic control that no 'personal flying vehicles'(flying cars) are in the vicinity.

Any legal hunting will require hunters to don a personal protective nomex suit, just incase your arrow or 'chip encoded bullet' penetratesone ofthenatural gas lines that will be so prevalent.

While small game hunting, you will have to check each tree for 'big brothers closed circut security cameras' before engaging your target squirrel.

You will not have to hunt whatever weather pattern happens to be in your area, because you will be able to make a phone call and have the weather changed to your choice of pressure system.[8D]

Probably, the most signifigant change will be trespassing and law breaking. Why you ask ? Because hunting will probably beillegal in 10years, so hunters will have to posses commando, ninja like skills in order to shoot deer out of backyards that were once beautiful crop fields . Also, upon checking in your deer, you will recieve your mandatory court appearance date for prosecution.

Hunters will strive to find a way to limit the high pitched sound emitted from the RFID chip that is emplanted in their shoulder.
WOW! someone thinks outside the bun

i doubt it will change much, i just cant see a bow going over 400 fps, and if they end up going that fast, the bow designers will have to build something to slow it down, as the law in some states only allows speeds of 375 and under...... kind of like a plug on a shotgun
Old 02-12-2009, 03:49 PM

People who use the "look at the last (10, 20, 30 years))" stuff need to consider this. Technology is going to hit its peak soon, especially with hunting. I think the bigger problem will we be land and access. Poaching and trespassing are going to be on the rise because of this.
In the early 1900s, some proposed the closure of the U.S. Patent Office because "nothing else could be invented".

I do agree that land is going to be steadily decreasing if we dont stand up and do something to stop all of the developing and building.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, ten years from now after Obama's 8 (which is nearly inevitable unless he seriousless messes up big time) we will probably just be starting to hunt with many of the rifles that we are familiar with again. Bow hunting will probably be massive at that point, much like todays gun seasons because of the bans the new president is planning on implementing. If I were you boys I would be happy that we are all bow hunters. I'll bet that the number of bowhunters in the U.S. increases by leaps and bounds in the next ten years because of the bans we are about to see. That's besides all the advances in technology, etc... Sorry that's my rant I just really dislike our current president, for my own personal reasons.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

As long as bowhunting stays legal and he fixes the economy i will be a proud American, but thats another topic
Old 02-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as bowhunting stays legal and he fixes the economy i will be a proud American, but thats another topic
ROTFLMAO!~! He is an idiot.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

agreed, i wanted John McCain butthat didnt happen and we cant change it so why whine about it.. .. hopefully he does a good job and helps to get us out of this economic mess.... I'm rootin for him anyways
Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 AM

Bows will go over 400 fps someday, it will. noone thought they would be this fast today, but they are.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Technology Isn't always a good thing. There's to much already IMO and there's going to be allot more of It coming.